Watchtower schools--why the consolidation?

by wannaexit 15 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

First there was the Ministerial training School ( MTS), then changed to the school for single brothers. Most recently the school for christian couples (replacing Gilead). All of a sudden news comes out the all these schools are consolidated under one umbrella: the evangelizing school --open to single brothers, single sisters, married couples all the way up to 65 years of age.

I wonder as to the motive behind all these changes this year.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They are desperate. Not enough single bros, couples, that would want to? or would qualify?,,not enough older people that can 'finance' themselves or have good health.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

If I were to take a quick guess, I'd say lack of male applicants. I don't know one brother that knows twenty other brothers that attended these new schools. Ditto for couples. Maybe as a bonus, the branch is playing a hands off matchmaker role considering how many sisters want a husband, and how so many single brothers and sisters are developing relationships outside of the Lord.

• blondie
    blondie

There was a time when only single brothers would be accepted at Bethel (and had to stay 4 years). They could not get married unless they left Bethel. Eventually the WTS realized that there were many brothers they were losing and changed the rules. I see the same reasoning with the schools.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Bad business model. Shit for brains. What else is required???

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

In the old days (70's and 80's) there were many applicants for Gilead and special pioneer service. Many of the people I knew personally were really top notch. They would come in with a lot of enthusiasm and were a boon to the congregation. Now they seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel. Example: In a congregation near where I live (midwest rural US) an MTS grad in his mid 20's was brought in a few months ago. Here are some of the things I have heard about him.

He turned down an offer from one of the brothers for free rent.

His mother came with him to pick out an apartment, which she pays for.

He has supposedly a degree in mechanical engineering, but he has never worked in the field.

He seldom participates in the ministry with the congregation, but does most of his ministry writing letters from his apartment.

He has a live-in cousin for companionship, but doesn't associate much with the congregation.

After 3-4 months he still does not have a job, and insists that he wants a 9-5 weekday job.

He says he can pioneer with a fulltime job because he has done it before, but he is still not working anywhere. I guess his mom supports him.

He gives talks in the meetings, and that is about it. The congregation members have been saying 'He isn't helping much'.

Since I haven't met him personally maybe I have it wrong, but one thing is certain; he doesn't have the respect of the congregation members.

What kind of applicants are they getting for MTS? Go figure.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

It's to give the sisters the impression that the wtbs is caring for them.

Moreover they might think that zealous sisters and brothers will marry, pioneer together and bring a lot of worldly people into "the truth", of course all at their own cost.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Young brothers are generally too apathetic, even 5 years ago very few were reaching out. The religion is losing momentum and those dragged up in it are there primarily for social reasons.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Desperation. People are slowly figuring out that these schools are a joke. It's like the extra 15 minutes of the CO's visit with pioneer only... The sheer rudeness of dismissing non-pioneers half-way through the meeting to create a class distinction is sickening. Well, after decades of this idiotic behavior, people give up. They stop throwing effort after foolishness. Now the WTBTS is reaching an era of want. The old-timer uber-dubs are dying, the young uber-dubs are lacking in any real life experience. Thankfully they can use a computer, or the ORG would be gone by now.

The young a**hole Elders and MS who still live at home and can barely work 20 hours a week aren't cutting it. It's go time now. The Org needs all hands on deck, but where are they?! They jumped ship long ago, sick of chasing the White Whale. So in vain the GB send out the call for volunteers, any volunteers will do. Are you over 50? Can you breathe? Please come to Warwick and attend the BSFAWISAACCM [ Bible School For Anyone Who Is Still Alive, And Can Contrubute Money.]

These bible schools are a joke, much like this weeks WT study of how Pioneering draws you closer to Jehovah the Corporation.

DD

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

What was the point of all these separate schools anyway?

Makes sense just to have one school for all thosse interested.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit