Letter I wrote to the person the caused me to be disfellowshipped

by jwfacts 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• adamah
    adamah

Keep up the great work, Dwayne!!

(Oh, and you too, Paul...)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

jwfacts: disfellowshipping really builds character in many ExJWs, and I think overall it is counterproductive for Watchtower growth.

That was what happened to me. I learned that I do NOT need the organization, the congregation or the false friends to be happy and live up to my full potential.

I've posted this sentiment before, but I think it bears repeating: I'd rather have a few people that love me for WHO I am than be surrounded by many that give conditional affection for WHAT I pretend to believe.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oubliette

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I often say that there are some who do indeed need the organization, though those of us who have left know that we certainly do not.

I think of my siblings, born-in, and in for sixty or so years, no other life at all, I think for them it would be so, so very hard to leave and to have nothing, no friends, no support group, nowhere to go, what do they do for a night out say ? at least, that is how they would see it in their minds.

I am eternally grateful to Paul and his site, to other sites on-line, and primarily to the good folks of JWN, who have guided me to the very best way of life, Freedom, and a life well lived.

I ought really to write a letter like the one in the O.P to the Elder who really propelled me out. First off he, in an obnoxious way, attacked my family, and my personal integrity. That did not go down well, and I resigned as a M.S straight away.

He also, by coincidence, was the Elder who was supposed to return to me and prove to me the whole 1914 nonsense, he never came back !

Thanks *** ***** , you did me a wonderful service, you gave me life, before, in all my years since birth in to the religion, I was only exisiting, not living.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Paul, Have you thought about publishing a JWFacts reference-type book based on the material you have on line?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Phizzy - that comment is short and to the point. I think you should send it. People need to know that we don't return because we don't want to, not because they won't let us.

V7 - I have thought about it. There are several thousand pages worth of text on jwfacts, so I'm not sure what parts to include or how much to trim back. Also, I doubt a publisher would take on the book and with vanity publishing the costs per book are very high. The other thing is that I still constantly add to the site. The internet allows it to continually evolve, whilst a book is set in stone. I might start releasing small sections as PDF documents that people can download and print off for themselves.

• Ding
    Ding

Downloadable PDF documents would be helpful.

In my experience, quoting old WT publications to JWs is far less effective than showing them copies.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Sweet x

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Besty......Great book. I'm a Talib fan.

• Simon
    Simon

jwfacts.com is now one of the main resources regarding the Watchtower Society on the internet, and has lead to many thousands leaving the religion, many more that left but were still tormented by doubts finally freeing themselves completely, and from the emails I receive is having a tremendous influence in preventing people contacted by Witnesses from joining the religion. I am inundated with emails of gratitude for the information.

Amen Brother!

Great letter

• satinka
    satinka

Wonderful letter, jwfacts! You do indeed have a great website and I have a link on my website that directs people to your site. JWs cannot keep dissenters from associating with one another any more, unlike my mother a generation ago, who was completely isolated and especially since she lived in a small community. JW treatment of ex-members is inhumane and sites like yours make it easier for us. I am also happily df'd.

satinka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit