by molybdenum 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Every single person here knows that this:

The first group was on hand in 1914, .....Those who made up this group
    were not merely alive in 1914, but they were spirit-anointed as sons
    of God in or before that year.

The second group included in “this generation” are anointed contemporaries
    of the first group. They were not simply alive during the lifetime of those in
    the first group, but they were anointed with holy spirit during the time that
    those of the first group were still on earth.

Will morph into this:

The first group of spirit-anointed sons of God were born by 1914.

The second group included in “this generation” are anointed contemporaries
    of the first group whose lives overlapped with the lives of the first group to
    some degree.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Elijehovah:

My preference is to the belief that Obama will announce an asteroid before 2014 because it will be 100 years

And what will be your position once this ridiculous claim is proven wrong?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I dont think you can criticize any religion at all for reading the words of Jesus referring to a generation and then having opinion or conversation about the words chosen to say it.

It's not an opinion if nearly 8 million people MUST believe it or be shunned.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"in mentioning “this generation,” Jesus was referring to two groups of anointed Christians."

If that's what Jesus "was referring to," why didn't he just say "two overlapping groups of anointed Christians"? Why did he use the word "generation" which would clearly be understood to be about 40 years if he "was referring to" a time period of over 100 years?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Amen Billy this stuff is so silly. It makes them look so stupid. But they have to know everything. They can't just say we don't know. Even though the bible says people won't know!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Elijehovah...thanks for reminding me that I'm not God! Now someone has to remind the governing body or faithful and discrete slave or any illuminated individual who comes out with this fabulation....

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Jesus was a perfect man but had bad grammar so I guess he was not perfect afterall, for even a 4th gradder would of said "these generations " or not used this line of speach at all. For a 4th grader would of none that there are plenty of ways of saying this with out saying something so completley wrong in its use.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

I believe I have it !!!!

Awake 2013 Dec page 14.

The Painted Lady Butterfly migration takes 6 generations to complete

its annual round trip..... SEE,,,, overlapping generations on the one TRIP !!!!

(subliminal hint on what's coming)

btw, the actual university study on this was interesting. Professor Jane Hill University of York England

Also Richard Fox at Butterfly Conversation.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Is this 1pnt or one of the other end time loons come back again?

Hint, no one reads all your drivel, they scan until it's obvious you are nuts then stop reading. So save yourself a whole lot of time by not typing all that drivel. Your therapist or psychiatrist however WOULD be very interested in what you are saying.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Your therapist or psychiatrist however WOULD be very interested in what you are saying.

And hopefully "up" the dosage of Depakote.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit