A real difficult congregation???

by quellycatface 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am sorry you are going through such a stressful time. The JWs are a very "one size fits all" religion aren't they? Don't do anything that you don't feel comfortable doing. That is good advice for anyone, but especially for someone with your diagnosis. The individual witnesses may mean well but they are only going to try and fit you into their mold, that's all they know. Take as much time as you need to figure this out. I was told Armageddon was going to come in 1975, hurry, hurry. Well, it didn't come then, there is no rush now either.

There is much information here, and on other sites, like JWfacts. Do your research, look at it with fresh eyes, is this really the only true religion? The Watchtower warns you not to visit sites like this, why do you think that is, if what they are saying is the truth? Don't you think truth, real truth, stands up to scrutiny? No one here will tell you not to read the Watchtower, because we are not afraid of what it says. I was shocked that so many things I had been told were complete fabrications. Not just about trivial things but about everything.

What clinched it for me was their blatant lying about their history. I was told Charles Russel predicted the last days would start in 1914. Much of my belief was because it seemed he must be right because WW1 started then. Really, he predicted the last days would start sooner and end in 1914. This was huge to be, they lied about something so big. But there are a lot of other things they lied about. But you will have yo find that out for yourself.

So, I hope you find the answers you are seeking. There is life after leaving, a pretty good one, free of the demands and requirements of a destructive religion. If they keep calling you, ignore them. I don't answer any phone call unless I know the caller and want to speak to them. If it's important, they can leave a message, and I can call them back if needed.

Lisa

• jgnat
    jgnat

The congregation is being unrealistic and unfair. The weaker sheep are side-lined that cannot keep up with the hard demands. My husband does not have much status at the Kingdom Hall and as a consequence he is the last to be considered for distribution of publications and invitations to social events.

I am happier at my own church.

You can do what my husband does and download anything you are interested in from their website. Get yourself an iPad or a Kindle and enjoy.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/

This treatment of the weak and wounded sheep, IMO, is a chief sign that this is not God's organization.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Some sisters in the KH only talk to my husband and ignore me

Sounds like some of these sisters need a good slap down. An eye on your hubby? Time to get yourselves out of the WT once and for all.

Why is your hubby "studying" with them? I hope you aren't trying to drag him into the cult

• Honesty
    Honesty

You have been away from the meetings since September.

Give it another 4 months and you will never want to go back.

Go to www.jwfacts.com and learn what the Watchtower Society does not want you to know.

• Violia
    Violia

Good catch Lost generation, I was just about to post almost the same thing. Look out , the sisters will stalk prey and they see you as weak and well, maybe he would rather have a more "spiritual woman". Good slap down is right, don't let one of them take your man.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

quellycatface: What shall I do?

Run away from this cult as far and as fast as possible!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

To answer the question of your title, "A real difficult congregation???", I'd say that you're in a typical congregation. You could probably shop around and might find a congregation that comes across as more understanding, patient, or loving, but in the end they are all part of the same organization, studying the same publications, making the same demands.

I agree that your experiences seem "odd", but they're not really that unusual for a KH congregation. You're getting pushed to do things you don't really want to do and are uncomfortable doing, then you're given the "cold shoulder" for not being spiritual enough? That's typical in the JW organization. The CO and elders are insulting big-mouths? That's normal. It's just that most of them are able to control their tongues better than these guys you've experienced. When it comes to COs and elders behind the closed doors of an elders meeting, that's when most of them speak openly about their contempt for others in the congregation.

"I did want to go on the Ministry but as I am depressed/anxious felt the Min School was too much. I am told I had to be on the school first!!! Not come across this before???"

Sounds almost like they've come up with a "special new rule" just for you. The congregations I used to go to would be thrilled if you wanted to do anything and would let you take your pick what you'd rather do first. Either the congregation or CO are going the extra distance to discourage you.

"What shall I do?"

First of all, learn the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses by reading jwfacts. If you aren't comfortable reading "apostate" truths, then read some of the older WT publications by Russell, Rutherford, or even the old "Truth" book, which JWs would shun for being "old light." Watchtower is a 19th century religion that prophecied the end of the world in 1914. They've constantly rewritten their history and beliefs in order to survive to today. They blind their membership with promises of a paradise that never arrives. They don't want their membership to think, so they discourage "higher education" and tell their "publishers" exactly what they are supposed to think. They don't allow their members time to think by making constant demands on their time and energy. If this isn't what you want out of life, do not have anything more to do with JWs.

If you feel the need for religion in your life, find an organization that makes you feel encouraged rather than discouraged.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hi QCF, and I want to say that being open about your Bipolar condition is very courageos. Your condition is not known by many members of the JW faith and they will not show you any understanding, or, empathy because of ignorance.

I understand it, and I know what you are experiencing. I have a close family member who suffers this. When it became more evident that this condition existed, things went alot better. I understand that you will experience extreme feelings of happiness, followed by long periods of sadness, and tiredness. Good for you that you have a husband that understands, and cares for you.

Billy is right. You can't move around to try and locate another congregation that may be better. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. With your condition you have got to learn the art of forgiveness. Forgiveness, forgiveness, forgiveness, That's what my freind Don Henley said.

Don't try and get the approval of this group.

Believe that there is a Creator that cares for you, and that you are trying to etablish a relationship with him and not imperfect people.

• zeb
    zeb

QCF: I had an inspiration emailing a fellow Bi-Polar recently. We are all unique as finger prints, Gods fingerprints. Its a pleasure to hear from you fellow fingerprint. Lots of good advice hear for you.

warm hugs

Zeb

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

You guys and girls just scared her away, finally! Good Lord.

pc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit