Ok, now I know why you atheists get so spittin' mad at some believers.

by Julia Orwell 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Cuz they feel like they're banging their heads against a wall.

I don't really fall into the category of atheist or believer, but I'll go where the facts lead me. That generally leads to atheism, and is why atheists end up getting mad and therefore rude at believers: They will lay out facts, raise questions, play devil's advocate, and reason in an evidence-based, structured way. I've seen it many times before on this forum. Well folks, I've been trying to reason with a JW.

It goes round in circles. Anything too hard to answer is ignored or "I'll have to do research on that." They pipe in about how they must be Truth because of the Big Three doctrines, hellfire, immortality and Trinity. You point out facts from independently verifiable sources. Then they accuse you of mockery and negativity. Then say you are unappreciative of what Jehovah did for you. Then it starts again. Something from the Watchtower. Something in circles.

Makes me wanna tell him to STFU and say, "fine, you stupid #%&@, have your $@%$&*#!!! cult!!!!" Not exactly persuasive or logical argument, but you get so mad!!!!

Now I understand so many of the less-than-logical things posted here by atheists.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

When they complete the circle, use a question to bang their head on the wall.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Been trying, but they have more experience than me in being stupid.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Try asking a JW if all the prehistoric Neanderthals are going to be resurrected. That should give them something to 'research'. If nothing else their illogical answer will be fun to listen to.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hey yes, that's gold. I'm going to try that. Bet I know what they'll say.

• zeb
    zeb

and a doco shown here (australia) stated that some neanderthals dna recovered from a burial site in Spain revealed... guess what? they had different dna to homo sapiens. Lets hear the wts on that one!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Why? Why? Why? Children dont get tired of asking it.

It has to be the Truth because, .... The answer to that statement should be, Why?

Make him work, make him reach for conclusions, when he's in a corner he will get agressive and attack and lash out, he will also shut down mentally, so you have to judge when to push and when to back off.

Some are good at playing this game because they use the agression to make you back off, so you have to judge if it is genuine or manipulated.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Good, good!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Wow I just did some reading about the Neanderthals. They were so cool, and that DNA evidence doesn't lie. I wish they were still around today. How good would that be?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

**Edited**Sorry, JO. Wrong comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit