My JW daughter told me....

by Yadira Angelini 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Flip
    Flip
    and she told me, that she was going to postpone her November trip to Italy; instead, she was thinking about going when the New System was here

Yad’, although you didn’t provide your daughters age, my first intuitive response to the above quote was; something else in her life, other than a trip to Italy, is being perceived, by her, as more of a priority.

Depending on her age, it just might be possible, she's either thinking about trying to get ‘hitched’, acquiring a mortgage, or thinking that international travel might be a little risky right now.

I suspect her excuse of, and actual belief in, “…waiting for the WTBTS version of a ‘New System’ ™…” is a crock, but, as usual, must keep up the approved WTBTS corporate appearance if she wishes to remain desirable amongst her peers of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Flip

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Flip, thanks for 'center back' the thread.

My daughter's age is 28. You may be right about other priorities keeing her from taking this trip, but she has been thinking to take it because her purpose is to eventually go live in Italy to help the 'needy' congregations there. She has contact with 'a sister' who has been traveling there and both are planning on going to live for a year or so. In other words, she has been playing with this idea for quite a while. I was told by Bluesapphire, that if she goes to Italy, that would be a good chance for her to get out of her 'still honeymoon' with the org. I don't know to much about this, but 'blue' knows about this stuff. So I was encouraging her to go... also, like you said, the risks involve with traveling to Italy are grater than before.. so also it could be that... at that moment I didn't want to elaborate, cause I was angry for what I have been exposed earlier on her KH, plus the answer she was giving me, I almost exploded. Never the less, I didn't want to ruin anything with her that night by saying or doing the wrong move from the path I have walked with her since I joined this forum, because I knew I was furious and disappointed to hear that kind of answer from her... she is very sincere: she prays to Jehovah and she is very zealous been a MS. or whatever. She is loyal to everybody and the fact that she is shunning her sister tells me she has to be under mind control to do it; blue has been like a second mother to her.

I am aware that there are many intelligent answers that I could have given her that night, but like I said, better for me not to say anything under such emotions of anger. Now I think I'm better prepare and thanks to venting my feelings here and your responses, I feel I could confront her with some insight that may lead her to reflect her own ideas about the New System, at least, that is my hope. It could trigger a thouhgt there, right?

Again, thanks to all for your support and encouragement; my intentions were not to make a joke out of this; I just wrote under a 'blue mountain' feeling the day I posted this thread. Blessings,

Yadira

• Solace
    Solace

Oh, Ma....
    I luv ya'.
    You are such a sweetie!
    Im so sorry,
    I dont know what came over me.
    He sure is a cutie pie though.
    "stud MUFFIN"
    "cutie PIE"
    Hmmmm,
    All this talk is making me hungry.
    I better get to some baking.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Mom:

Blue, are you mad cause I blow out your bubble?
    Nah! You know to me Chris is Russel Crowe, Reborn2002 and every other hottie out there all put into one with the personality of Jim Carey.

Makes me just want to get off this board right now and .... well you know!

• Solace
    Solace

Oh blue,
    We better behave or were gonna be grounded for life!

Can I pick who gets to give the spankin??

O.K.
    Im gonna stop now.
    I promise.......

• jerome
    jerome

How does somebody that has attained a degree in SOCIOLOGY and remain a jehovah's witness?

Please explain that to me.

jerome

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and there may be hell to pay.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Jerome, I'll let that one for blue, to answer. I think it's not common, but could happen.. there are many intelectuals on this board... maybe they could explain better than me.

Heaven, dear darling, what have you been doing? get back to the baking! stay in the corner! and... blue, spanking! love to both, mum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit