My JW daughter told me....

by Yadira Angelini 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

We were driving in her car a couple of weeks ago, (the night I have visited her KH) and she told me, that she was going to postpone her November trip to Italy; instead, she was thinking about going when the New System was here. I asked her amusedly: "Are there going to be airplanes on the New System?"... She responded: "well.... We are going to be using our 100% of our brains". I would have like to respond, "please use at least a 1-% of your brain now".

I got home and I couldn't fall sleep thinking about the last said. So.... I started to imagine myself been a JW and how it could it be for me.

First, I imagine myself thinking with my daughter's frame of mind, assuming I would be like her. As I am a different person though, perhaps, with my mind been so inquisitive, I would then be wondering how I could go to Italy or other countries of Europe... cause for sure, I would like to go visit Europe again since I love it when I was traveling. I would then assume I will get wings, then I would have been an angel. Or if someone else is there flying me to Europe, then I would have to remember the doctrine of the Guardian Angels the nuns talked about to me when I was little. Or else believe is Satan himself taking me to Italy to steal the treasures I desire.

I think I would like to bring the statue of Michael... I would cover it from the waist down. Boy I would need strong wings wouldn't I? I know, I know, I know! Maybe 'dungbeetle' would tell me: "P.L.E.A.S.E don't be ridiculous Yadira". I will also steal The Madonna. I would cut it in half and take only Jesus with me.... (Remember I'm a JW, not a Catholic). Forgive me God, I'm only imagining if I was one of the dumbest ones who use 0% of their brain.

Then I would like to go to the Princess Diana headquarters and try her wardrobe on me... not the jewels, I'm not a jewel person, but I love fashions... you know I'm so wordily still, even though I am a JW. That and much more would have stay with me... I would use all kinds of excuses for it... I think I wouldn't confess my sins to elders, since I'm a free spirit.... And besides I'm an "aggressive passive" I would just pretend many behaviors... for instance, I would be saintly. A devil in disguise. Cause I know all JW must carnie their own characteristics with them, except they get compress inside and that could be the reason of the high % of suicidal. So I assume, I wouldn't be suicidal... but I would want to give them hell as I depart at the end. I'm talking to the hypocrites and to WT viejos infernales. I would like my JW comrades. I would have many nice friends in the KH and I would probably love them to pieces.

Continuing with my imagination about the New System, I would assume (me been a thoughtful person), that I would be thinking I would be lonely. My no JW husband would have disappeared in Armageddon. It will be hard to find the brothers and sisters since this Earth is huge and we are an insignificant number. Besides, it will be harder to find a partner to share the goodies with. If I could only be lucky to find Reborn2000 in Italy. Ups, I can't use this word, I mean fortune, ups not that one either... Oh, well... whatever word the jerks old men in Brooklyn have tell us to used... (Excuse the language). But if I find Reborn2000 I will drop David, who needs him? Cause if I find a stupid jerk Elder Italian male chauvinist, I would just ignore him. (Again excuse the language). I think I would then prefer to be like the 'good thief' and steal my salvation from besides Jesus Crucified, since I am such a worm and big sinner, (for real). All of this I would be thinking or rather reasoning with my only 1% of my brain or rather 0% cause the WT are already using 199% of all JW's brain, as they have sucked it from all adherents to this cult. They keep their brains hosted in Brooklyn. ((((((((Ufff)))))) They worse than the Talibanes. God have mercy on us all!

Well that is what I would be thinking about and I wouldn't dare tell a soul in my KH.... I would rather be like Nicodemus, "a lurk on this forum", so none of you would tell me I'm not suppose to be here jet.... That I'm on the company of 'apostates' so that I have to leave... Noooo! I would be e mailing Simon and Angharad... until my time is ripe to make my out come and start my first thread. I don't like people pushing me to be something before my time. So my dear ones, all of you would be my hero.

But (!) before my outcome, I would still pretend for a while, go the meetings and as they would chose me to have a part on the meetings, one particular night, instead of giving the regular rehearsed dumb answers they put in the mouth of many people insulting their intelligence, I would respond with many others intelligent answers, the ones they run off like wolfs. I would assumed I could only give few intelligent answers before they take the microphone away from me, so I have to practice to speak fast and better be on a Spanish congregation talking my own language... and if they confront me and threat me with dfs me... I would then do what hyhlander told the elders he would do...

After that, I would then thank God for not letting me be with my 100% brain on the New System because then I would really be damned burning in Hell: I mean the New System.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

No, you cannot covere the statue of Michael from the waist down becasue then the artist (or his descendants) would sue you for 'substantially changing the artist's work).

All seriousness aside, good essay. (((( yadira))))

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Aww shucks Yadira.

Very interesting story. I didnt know you liked me like that.

I truly feel pity for your daughter. I once shared the same mindset, putting off everything I wanted to do until the "New System."

I certainly hope she comes around.

(((((Yadira)))))

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Solace
    Solace

Yadira,
    Your daughter trying to imagine life in the new system reminded me of one of my grandmothers very old J.W. books. I dont remember which one it is, its somewhere under my bed right now. It talks about every witness soon having to prepare a room in their home for their dead relatives that would soon be resurrected and needing a place to stay. It went on to give examples, in detail, how life would be for them saying, "We will have to explain things to them like how lights can now be turned on with a switch because people who died before electricity was invented will not understand, they will probably attempt to blow out the light bulb".
    It also talked about not having children until after armageddon. I noticed my grandmother had drawn a black line through those paragraphs. She already had children.
    I think it is very cruel to encourage witnesses to put their lives on hold and even more deranged to go into full detail with some kind of imaginary scenario involving their dead loved ones.
    You must have a hard time biting your tongue when your daughter brings those types of things up. She is lucky you are so patient.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

Heaven, I'm patient cause I joined this forum. Not been a JW myself, I'm sure I come up with some dumb things to say on this thread... but I needed to get it out of my system...

dungbeetle, OK, I stay away from David.

And (!!!!) Reborn2000, I can't believe myself writting that! thanks all for the feedback.... I was dying inside from fearful thoughts... cause I believe only JW could write such topics on this forum, so I took a risk with you. Many times I tell 'bluesapphire': "they are going to kick me from the forum" and she laughs and tells me, "mom, they don't kick people out!" But this time I said maybe they will... :-)

I can't coment much... one of my daughters is in the hospital... just that I posted this thread cause I was not able to hold it for more than two weeks; it was killing me... love to all,

Yadira

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Yadira))))

You are so cool! And Blue is so lucky to have you for a mama!

Love,
    Andi

PS: Reborn is a cutie, isn't he?

• SYN
    SYN

It's sad to think that a daughter's normal teenage rebellion should take the form of a debilitating programming by a mind-control cult. I really sympathize, Yadira...[:/]

"Until they become conscious, they will never rebel. Until they rebel, they will never become conscious." - George Orwell

• Valis
    Valis

Tell her she'll have to wait for the new system to start dating as well...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LDH
    LDH

Yadira,

JW constantly spout junk science 'facts' like "We only use 10 percent of our brain--wouldn't it be great in the new system if we used *ALL* of our brain?"

The 10% thing is an urban legend, a myth. See the bolow link, which I have also cut and pasted for you lazy asses.

http://www.urbanlegends.com/science/10_percent_of_brain.html

Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
    Subject: Re: Ten Percent of the Brain
    Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 10:31:57 -0400

Chris Peek wrote:
    >
    [Whence the notion that we only use 10% of our brains?]

> As one research subject they happened on a student who was a math major
    > making adequate (though not spectacular) grades in school. It was
    > determined he had some form of micro cephalism and his entire brain was
    > _much, much_ smaller than the mass of a normal brain and somehow was
    > contained in a relatively thin sheet of brain tissue near his frontal
    > lobe area.

One Dr. Barry Beyerstein discusses the 10% myth at some length in a _Rational Enquirer_ article; you can find the complete text at:

http://eslvcr.fireplug.net/bcskeptics/ratenq/Re3.2-Brain10.html

Citing both evolutionary theory and clinical evidence, Beyerstein dismisses as absurd the notion that 90% of a healthy adult's brain lies dormant, waiting to be tapped by yogic meditation, alpha biofeedback, or Neuro Linguistic Programming [tm]. He does acknowledge, though, that a brain damaged *early in development* can sometimes compensate so well that the individual functions in a normal range even though brain mass may be severely reduced. ("Compensate" is the key word; dead or missing brain tissue is NOT replaced.) He gives an example of this phenomenon that resembles the math major case described above:

[The 10% myth] was reinforced recently in an otherwise informative TV documentary aired on PBS and the Knowledge Network. It featured the British physician John Lorber and an extraordinary group of young patients. Referred to Lorber because of fairly minor neurological complaints, they were of normal or above-normal intelligence and were coping well, educationally and socially. Astonishingly, CAT-scans revealed that their cerebral hemispheres had been compressed into a slab less than an inch thick by enlargement of the underlying fluid- filled ventricles. This had occurred over an extended period as the fluid dammed up behind constricted outflow channels. The youths' lack of retardation despite this tremendous neural shrinkage led the producers to ask the misleading question that, unfortunately, became the title of the episode: "Is the Brain Really Necessary?"

Beyerstein adds the caveat that the patients' normalcy may have been overstated for dramatic effect, and at any rate their cases only demonstrate a young brains' ability to adjust to damage-- NOT that a substantial portion of our brain mass is really superfluous. As to the origins of the 10% figure, Beyerstein offers an explanation that I don't recall seeing yet in this thread:

misinterpretation of certain terms used by comparative neurologists may have compounded the error. With evolutionary advancement, the cerebrum of mammals has enlarged greatly but a progressively smaller proportion of it is concerned with strictly sensory or motor duties. This was demonstrated in the 1930's by electrically stimulating the exposed cortical surface in a variety of species. Because the current was unable to evoke obvious responses from these increasingly large non-sensory and non-motor areas, they were referred to as "silent cortex." As we have seen, they are anything but silent -- they are responsible for our most uniquely human characteristics, including language and abstract thought. Areas of maximal activity shift in the brain as we change tasks and vary attention and arousal but there are normally no dormant regions awaiting new assignments.

In other words, the "humans only use 10% of their brains" canard would more correctly be phrased "humans only use 10% of their brains for walking around and smelling things"-- the implication being humans, for their size, have an unusually large brain mass available for higher-level functions. (In contrast, elephants and certain whales have LARGER brains than we do, but they must devote a great percentage of brain mass just to moving their massive bodies around-- to say nothing of the mumble-thousand muscles in the elephant's trunk alone, or the sophisticated sonar abilities of toothed whales. That leaves them with less brain mass potentially available for reasoning and language.) Anyway, it's easy to see that a term like "silent cortex" would lend itself to misunderstanding on the part of lay persons; unfortunately, Beyerstein offers no cites to show that the term was in wide circulation among neurologists in the 1930's, nor that it appeared in science articles written for a popular audience.

Rob "Will move electric trains with my brainwaves for food" McGee

######################################################################

So, dear Yadira, the first thing you can do is CHALLENGE the information the JWs are feeding her. IT IS FALSE. IT IS A LIE.

Good luck kid,
    Lisa

• mouthy
    mouthy

Heaven I remember that book too- We were going to stand beside the Graves of out loved ones in the resurection-as they came out of the graves. We were going to have to teach them how to use the phone- Drats !!!!I bet now we will have to teach them how to use the computor
    I cant use it properly my self-!!!
    Yes I believed that "tripe " also. even preached it to my studies....
    ( most of all are dead now)
    Oh is my face red!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit