he refused a transfusion... and died

by sister x 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• adamah
    adamah

Sister x said-

I say 5 or 7 years more because he already had two prior heart attacks... so he already had a heriditary heart condition he was dealing with. I was making my own rough gestimate.

So sorry to hear of such a needless and wasteful loss of life, esp for you, his daughter, since YOU were deprived of a relationship in the time left in his life, in the name of a bogus belief in what they WANT to be (i.e. New System).

Your mother has a particularly perverse disencentive that prevents her from EVER waking up to learn the TTATT, since aside from feeling the pain of realization that you're a victim of deception (self-deception, as it may be), she'd have to deal with the guilt of depriving you and herself of his presence; that would likely trigger a delayed grieving process, which she avoids by telling herself she'll see him again in the New System. That factor virtually insures that's going to die in the JWs, deceived until the end due to the inability to see the 'ugly truth'...

Just realize that you'll need to be there for HER, your fleshly mother, if she should come to that painful realization on her own.

Here's something to consider: if someone were to give you a pill that could change her status and awaken her to TTATT TODAY, would you WANT her to wake up, knowing the painful emotional reaction it would trigger? Would you give her the pill?

Adam

• flipper
    flipper

SISTER X- What a tragedy. I'm so sorry for your loss of your father my friend. What a needless tragedy. Your mom is one of the many JW's who are so controlled by fear of dying at the imagined " Armageddon " put out by the WT Society that they are mind controlled into going against the humane thing to do. Please know that we are here for you, O.K. ? A friend of mine on the board told me I may live within an hour or so of your area as you posted a thread I missed awhile back recently. I'll PM you my contact information and perhaps we can chat on the phone or meet up, O.K. ? Take care, please check your PM's. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• designs
    designs

Lois- One of the turning points in my life was to be in the hospital as a young JW wife and new mother bled to death. I was a fairly new Elder and sat with the husband not knowing what to say or what really could be said over this preventable tragedy. I think about him and his new baby often, she would be about 30 now. She never knew her mother.

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you for sharing what must have been an emotionally painful discoery for you.

Its not surprisig your mum is defensive about talking about what happened.

• Island Man
    Island Man

So sorry to hear about your dad sister x.

Your mom could be in a state of denial. Have you heard of the reasoning that some people refuse to accept the reality that their religion is false because they've invested too much into it? Well look at it this way: your mom has invested your dad's life into the religion. For her to now accept the reality that the religion is not true would mean her having to confront the implication that your dad died in vain. She cannot bring herself to confront this possibility so she must continue as if the religion is true. It would be very hard for her to accept TTATT because of the deep emotional turmoil it would bring in her case. You would have to work very hard to help her lay blame where it really lies - on those who decieved her and not on herself.

• Ding
    Ding

Tragic.

It must be very difficult to open the eyes of a JW who let a loved one die for lack of a transfusion.

In order for them to contemplate the possibility that the WT system is false, they have to contemplate the awful possibility that they may have let their loved one die needlessly. That's a tremendous emotional load to carry.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Ouch!

My stomach hurts just reading your story...

I am so sorry this happened to you. I would never want something like this to happen to my parents, therefore I want to get them out of the JW's!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So sorry to hear what the WTS did to your family. I met an ex-JW this past summer at Lake Tahoe who lost his father to the blood issue.

It's something that you have to get out of you- tell others- so it doesn't eat you alive. We are here for you.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am sadded and angry. It is one thing when a religion takes your money, but when they take your life... - well there is no words to describe my anger.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

if that was my dad. i would want to rip these guys a new one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit