Elder's Manual Here

by Simon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Some may find this useful, it's quite interesting and, if nothing else, really annoys the elders that you can read it...
    URL: http://home2.inet.tele.dk/carloc/index.htm

• larc
    larc

Hey Simon,

I went to a BRCI convention in Orlando Florida a few years back and got a hard copy of the Elders manual from someone who left Bethel and took 40 copies with him. I so much wanted to tell my sister, the zealous one, but I didn't.

One thing that I remember in there. They said that when you counsel someone, you shouldn't use humor. Now, that is the dumbest thing I ever heard. Any other stupidities that you notice would be greatly appreciated.

• zev
    zev

simon,

thank you :-)

zev

__

• RR
    RR

I'll tell you a funny story, I was an attendant at an elders meeting held at the Stanley theater in Jersey City, New Jersey, when it was lunch time, I went on a shopping spree, going up and down the aisle picking up al the elders manuals I could carry, I got some really neat stuff for them .... lol!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Simon,

I followed your link, (thank you)and came across the following statement, written, I think, by Kent S:

In Norway (where I live) they have been allowed to collect information about «disfellowshipped» members. Any kind of information. Who you sleep with, have slept with, how much you drink, with whom, etc. But they are NOT allowed to collect information on existing members.

Does this mean that they have other details about me, besides my DF`ing?

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman

PS. I don`t live in Norway, of course, but there must me some sort of world wide policy on keeping tabs on DF`d persons.

Englishman again.

• trevor
    trevor

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the Elders Manual I have down loaded it for my spiritual edifiaction and eternal enlightenment. Praise be the Lord!

I hope your family wake up and start to treat you better - your worth it.

All the best
    Trevor

• mommy
    mommy

Thanx Simon,
    I wish I knew how to type and paste something I read over there! I found it hysterical the part about encouraging envangelism. If we did exactly as they told us about peaching we wouldn't even have time to eat! "Going up to parked cars or cars in traffic, preaching to those inside"
    Man I hadn't realized how much free labor they really get!
    wendy

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Englishman referred to Simon and quoted:
    "In Norway (where I live) they have been allowed to collect information about «disfellowshipped» members. Any kind of information. Who you sleep with, have slept with, how much you drink, with whom, etc. But they are NOT allowed to collect information on existing members."
    Sorry to say this, but this is another one of Kent's lies. We are not allowed to have any lists or files, and of course not personal information as stated, on any people, active or inactive. Both the national laws and the regulations by the Society forbid us this. When once a year we discuss whom of the disfellowedshipped we are to pay our annual visit, the names of them have to be drawn up from the memories of us present, and not from any mysterious files or lists.
    So please, it is just not true.

• Simon
    Simon

I think there was some trouble in norway when either a KH or a branch office was broken into and some files that 'didn't exist' were stolen. I remember readnig about it somewhere and I think it's related to this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit