Elder's Manual Here

by Simon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandit
    Xandit

Let me weigh in with the Old Hippie from another country. There has never been any effort to accumulate any kind of information on disfellowshipped ones at all. In the countries where it's allowed the notes, etc. from the judicial hearing are kept in a sealed file and that's it. This other stuff is just paranoia.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Xandit,

Are you sure about this? The reason that I ask, is that I`m fairly certain that DF`d ones are supposed to get the occasional call from the elders - every 2 years, I think, supposedly to fulfill some obligation or other. Probably a bloodguilt trip.

Im had my last call a couple of years back, 2 guys I had never seen before asked me if I was still in a "DF`d state". I toldthem to mind their own business, which seemed to surprise them.

Oh yes, they both wore hats.

Englishman.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

To SIMON:
    The burglary you refer to, took place in Denmark, and was at the Branch Office, not a Kingdom Hall.
    To ENGLISHMAN:
    There is a vast difference between having a LIST of disfellowedshipped persons, and gathering INFORMATION on these. We choose not to have a list, whereas others may choose to have one; it is like a list of former members of a sports club or something - but nowhere is information on these collected.
    They are visisted once every year or second year in order to find out if they have a wish to join the congregation again.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Let me clarify Old Hippie's last statement. They are SUPPOSED to visit the Df'd ones every year or two to ask if they'd like to return. That does NOT meant that they actually do it. I happen to know, that they don't always do it.

RCat

• Angharad
    Angharad

This is true

My brother was disfellowshipped about 10 years ago, I think he has been visited once since then.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You can also pick up the elders manual at my own site along with the 'Studies in the Scriptures'

Nic

http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses

• waiting
    waiting

Hey,

My daughter was df'd about 6 years ago. Has had one elder's call. Was ok, they were nice and polite.

waiting

• somebody
    somebody

Here's an addition that was to be written into the flock book by elders.

What Not To Put On Disfellowshipping Forms

During the Kingdom Ministry Schools that were held during November and December of 1994, elders in the United States were given information that was to be written into their "Pay Attention To Yourselves And To All The Flock" book. This information concerned the S77 and S79 forms that local judicial committees use to report disfellowshippings to the branch office in Brooklyn. The following was read to the elders, twice, for them to write word for word into their books.

Six Expressions That Should Not Be Used on S77 and S79 Forms

1. Anything alluding to or naming one of the Society's attorneys

2. Any mention of the Legal Department

3. Any comments referring to direction from the Society

4. Any comments mentioning anyone other than the committee itself as a possible influence in the decision reached

5. Any comments that might suggest to someone with a critical eye that the committee did not reach its decision on its own but, instead, somehow yielded to the influence of an outside party

6. Any comments indicating that the elders mishandled the case or committed any error in the investigation or the judicial committee process.

• JT
    JT

Lurker

what is so sad about that is after the school a group of former bethelites who had not seen each other in a long time all went out to Steak and Ale for dinner- and we sat around the table laughing at how Big Bill- who is a very large black bro who works in legal would not be coming down to get us out of Jail

we all laughed at the time due to the instructions that the Service dept was putting in place with the help of the Legal ept

it is sad that at the time i just laughed , not realizing that they were indeed HANGING THE ELDERS OUT TO DRY

HOW SAD but like they said WE WERE UNTRAINED WINDOW WASHERS

SAD

JT

• badboybubbee
    badboybubbee

Englishman, have you seen Dark City? sounds like you may have had a visit from a couple of "Strangers". Were they also bald and wearing very long coats?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit