Is their a table/list comparing what the WT & Awake magazines print that differs from their bound volumes ?

by smiddy 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

We can all be thankful for the internet and the ability to 'go back' and research to see the 'slight of hand' the the WTBTS has used on us for decades. Since the internet they can't hide their 'stuff' anymore. So much has been exposed via sites such as this and I am very thankful to see ttatt.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Black Sheep

I think it is a list of one..?

I know I`m a bit thick sometimes , can you pls explain ?

smiddy

• dozy
    dozy

There have only been a couple of changes that I am aware of. As already mentioned , the change in the 1989 January Watchtower. There is also the change in the cover picture from the 1982 Watchtower that the society pinched from a Johnnie Walker whisky advert ( yes , you really couldn't make it up ) and were told to remove it by the parent company.

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/86.htm

What is sad is that there are numerous other changes the WTBTS could have made ( ie errors between publication of the magazine & the production of the bound volume) but didn't. This includes various spurious experiences that were untrue or greatly exaggerated. This dishonesty is in sharp contract to numerous "worldly" magazines which print corrections when these are highlighted and change them in the online edition and reference editions.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Talk about rewriting your own history. It would be funny if it didn't affect so many lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit