John 7:53-8:11 - taken out of the new bible

by cognac 26 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

cognac, you mean the new NWT has only one size. In the past there was also a larger NWT where the footnotes or "missing" scriptures were included.

53 So they went each one to his home.

8 But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At daybreak, however, he again presented himself at the temple, and all the people began coming to him, and he sat down and began to teach them. 3 Now the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught at adultery, and, after standing her in their midst, 4 they said to him: “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of committing adultery. 5 In the Law Moses prescribed for us to stone such sort of women. What, really, do you say?” 6 Of course, they were saying this to put him to the test, in order to have something with which to accuse him. But Jesus bent down and began to write with his finger in the ground. 7 When they persisted in asking him, he straightened up and said to them: “Let the one of YOU that is sinless be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And bending over again he kept on writing in the ground. 9 But those who heard this began going out, one by one, starting with the older men, and he was left alone, and the woman that was in their midst. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her: “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said: “No one, sir.” Jesus said: “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way; from now on practice sin no more.”

This is in the 1984 NWT Reference Bible

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1001060046

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

I thought that vss in Revelation about not taking anything out or you will get the second death applies ONLY to te "Revelation" scroll and not the ENTIRE bible since they didnt have the WHOLE bible at the time ???

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

If Jesus was okay with it being in there for the last 2,000 years, then I think it should stay. If he wanted it out, why'd he wait so long?

• cognac
    cognac

Blonde- that's right. the NWT has only one size.

Bruh- you are right. That scripture only applies to Revelation. Phizzy corrected me earlier in the thread. Oops...

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thanks Phizzy.

Enjoyed your take and explanation of this passage and the WBTS' attitude toward it.

• blondie
    blondie

cognac, the new NWT has only one size. The larger NWT from 1984 is on www.jw.org and has those scriptures included as I showed above.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

'Let's change or omit whatever doesn't fit cause the rank and file will not care enough to say anything'.

When the next updated and revised NWT comes out, the words at 1 John 4:8 will also be revised to say "God is organization".

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit