Baptism is a risk says JW.org - New YouTube video

by RayPublisher 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Watched it yesterday... bravo! Well done and presented.
    Made me squirm in my chair, because I was the victim of such push.
    Thank you David Splane (our CO at the time)... UGH!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Great analysis ! Great read

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Blondie - All those quotes prove my point thank you for including them. The WTS doesn't care if you join up early or late as long as they get you it is disgusting. They just want another slave to help build their pyramids.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Good video!

(You crack me up when you read in such an emotive way!)

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Rip VW - TY. And from their POV since they take themselves soooooo seriously that they are the SOLE CHANNEL OF JEE-HOVAH GAWD so that's the way they sound in their heads I think.

• steve2
    steve2

Ray you do build a thoughtful case against youth baptism - so please do not get me wrong. I just think it is unhelpful to base it on what I would call an 'elastic' reading of what the Watchtower actually said. There is enough sound evidence - such as that cited by Blondie - to compose a good case against youth baptism without building your case on a clear - and by your comments, deliberate - misquote of what the Watchtower actually stated.

My apologies if this comes across as a 'picky' criticism - other that that, as stated above, you do speak strongly on the topic. So from that point of view, well done.

• blondie
    blondie

RP, but the WTS does not see baptism as a risk, only individual jws do.

--------

Baptism is a risk! That's what the Watchtower of June 15, 2011 page 5 says. (This article can be found on the official website of Jehovah's Witnesses at JW.org) You may be surprised at such an admission, but it is there for all to see, and the ramifications of such a statement are chilling when analyzed. I thought it was worth breaking down and disassembling what this means in the light of critical thinking, something that is sorely lacking among most Jehovah's Witnesses unfortunately.

----------------

But the article said:

Some parentsconsider their children’s

baptism as a beneficial step

that involves risk—much like getting a

driver’s license. But do baptism and

sacred service ever threaten a person’s

future success? The Bible answers no.

Which means the WTS does not consider baptism a riskwhich my quotes from the WTS support.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Steve 2 - Thanks Steve I understand what you are saying.

My buddy Christian Sparlock added this great comment too:

Christian Sparlock

Excellent point about their baptism hypocrisy . Comparing to their
    advice on marriage. I also was coerced into baptism . Like the "suggested video"
    flyout feature . Here's proof they baptize as young as SIX.

"In the summer of 1946, I was baptized at the international convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Although I was only SIX years of age, I was determined to fulfill my dedication to Jehovah."
    WATCHTOWER 1992 3/1 p.27

Preaching and Teaching Earth Wide

"BAPTIZED AT SEVEN. Paola, who lives in western Mexico, is being raised by her grandparents."
    Jehovahs Witnesses Year Book 2011 p.58

--------------------

@ Blondie - I like your research and your work Ms. Blondie don't think I don't!

You can quote all the WT words you want Sis, page after page... They know and we all know that it is a risk. Did you actually watch the content of the video I wonder? The point is that they say it WITHOUT ACTUALLY saying it, that baptism is a risk.

That's called reading between the lines. One example is when they would send us elders "suggestions" (when I was in that bunch) and we all KNEW they weren't actually suggestions they were commands. It's the same thing here. They are spin doctors and propagandists and they know what they are doing when they manipulate the dubb pubs by intimating that it is a risk.

BTW the title is "Baptism is a risk says JW.org" vis a vis the WT Org. it's not "The WTS does not see baptism as a risk, only individual jws do!" that would be a pretty dull title don't you think?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Great video!

Awesome acting skills to boot!

• blondie
    blondie

But the WTS does not say it is a risk in that article...which I find deceptive, even if unknowingly if you say it does. Your youtube will not take away your first statement unless you are correcting it in the you tube which I didn't see when I watched. I've always said, hang them by their words, in writing. I have been told many times by GB members that it is not official until it is in writing.

My quotes do not support the statement that the WTS says baptism is a risk, only individual jws comments; which the WTS corrects the "flock" in the quotes. On the contrary, the WTS says it is a risk NOT to get baptized. Parents and children do not know the magic moment God finds the child personally responsible and not under their parents baptism. That is why I have seen over my years that many, many parents and elders pressure children to get baptized and come under God's protection at the end. The WTS teaches that every person not baptized as a jw (except for unresponsible minor children) will be destroyed forever at Armageddon.

*** w06 7/1 p. 29 par. 15 Youths, Make It Your Choice to Serve Jehovah ***

Could it be that you hesitate to take this important step for fear of being held accountable should you fall into wrong conduct? If so, think of this: Would you refuse to apply for a driver’s license simply because you were afraid that some day you might have an accident? Of course not! Neither should you hesitate to get baptized if you qualify. Indeed, you will be strongly motivated to do your utmost to resist wrongdoing if you have dedicated your life to Jehovah and have agreed to do his will. (Philippians 4:13)Young ones, please do not imagine that by postponing baptism, you avoid accountability. When you have reached the age of responsibility, you are answerable to Jehovah for the way you act whether you are baptized or not.—Romans 14:11, 12.

*** w92 10/1 pp. 21-22 ‘Should I Get Baptized?’ ***

If you are a young person, you might be thinking, ‘I am still young.’It is true that as long as young people remain obedient and responsive to their Christian parents and apply the Scriptures to the best of their ability, they can have confidence that Jehovah views them as “holy.” In fact, the Bible tells us that divine approval of righteous parents extends to dependent children. (1 Corinthians 7:14) However, no age limit is given in the Bible as to when this dependency period ends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit