by jam 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

A posted a topic a few days ago about my ex-brother-law who came

by to visit me. Well he called and he would love to hear why I am not

back in the borg when I knew it was the truth. LOL

Well I would appreciate your help.

Around 7-8 years ago my brother called and ask me the same question, why

are you not back in the truth. I wasn't very tactful with him, you are in a cult I told him.

My brother-in-law have been an Elder since 1969.

This time I would like to use a different approach.

You are told to test or examine the scriptures so you will have no

problems in testing your organization.

I have a list of things here that I trust you will investigate and if

find one thing that is a lie, I will be at your next meeting at the KH.

He have a extension library on old publications.

I don't wont to overload his mind with pages of info, just a few points.

He prides himself because he feel he is so knowledgeable. LOL

So this is my objective.

1) UN (2)1975 and other dates, where he can go to his publications and

read it for him self.

Remember he is a old timer. Give me dates, publications and what you

may feel it may get him to think about the organization he is in.

This will be strictly about the WT organization and not about the bible.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi jam, Why is your ex-BIL so interested in getting you to return to the WTBTS? Are you currently being shunned by JW family and friends?

If you do not care about being shunned by JW friends and family and talking with your ex-BIL, ask your ex-BIL to watch the following video by Steve Hassan and explain to you why Steve Hassan is wrong about his BITE control model: Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23). If he does try, he would also be trying to prove that Scientologist, Moonies, and other dangerous cults are not dangerous either.

If you want to debate about interpreting the Bible, ask your ex- BIL are Christians suppose to follow Jesus Christ or an organization? Ask him why did Paul praise the Bereans in Act 17:11 to see what Paul said was true and the WTBTS does not praise JWs who disagree with the WTBTS's interpretation of the Bible? Ask your ex-BIl where in the Bible did Jesus Christ foretell the coming of the WTBTS? Ask him where in the Bible did Jesus Christ foretell the coming of the Holy Spirit? Ask your ex-BIl where in the Bible did Jesus Christ tell his disciples to shun and/or avoid other disciples, prostitutes, tax collectors, canaanites, etc? Why didn't Jesus Christ tell his twelve disciples to shun those discriples that left him in John 6:60-70?

Do you know how to use http://www.biblegateway.com/ to quickly locate keywords in the Bible?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

To avoid it being used against you later, I would approach from the point of view that these are the things that have stumbled you.

1975 should be enough (tho it wasn't for me for another 35 years), included with `899, 1914, 1925, end of the century. You can get all these WT quotes @ JWFACTS.

UN issue -- remember it might be best that you have an "innocent" source for this material as it's most easily found on apostate sites. Could be someone at work gave the info to you.

Blatant misquotes and devious partial quotes in WT publications ie, Trinity Brochure, Reasoning book, etc

Don't overload him.

Doc

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't answer his question. He just wants an easy target and if you give him a list, he gets to choose which, if any, he addresses.

Make him explain why he is still a member when .... and then pick one question at a time and don't let him change the subject. Make him do the talking, the explaining, the reasoning. You shut up except to use questions to keep him honest and on topic. You can't reason his way out of the cult for him. He has to do it. Take control of the conversations and make him confront the issues he usually manages to avoid.

• Oh Gawd
    Oh Gawd

Are you looking for a fight, to convert him, or peace?

If you want a fight, pick something and show him how he's wrong.

If you want to convert him, forget about it. Ain't happening.

If you want peace, tell him thanks for asking but you have moved on. Wish him well, tell him you respect his and everyone eles right to belive as they wish, and you would appreciate the same respect. Then change the subject.

• clarity
    clarity

Jam ...ask for his wisdom in explaining the generation

changes ... because it is a stumbling block to you!

>

Also should we be praying through the gov body, as christ

is not our mediator.

>

Oh Gawd ...haven't seen you around here before ..WELCOME

clarity

• pronomono
    pronomono

The UN source is available directly from the UN website. Click on advanced search and search for watchtower bible tract pdf. The official statement should be one of a few documents. This way, instead of getting it from apostates, you are getting it directly from the mouth of the wild beast.

• jam
    jam

A-Bible student; Yes after 27 years the shunning is still taking place.

He is still in the family because he married my daughter's mother-in law.

After 27 years it doesn't bother me , except my one daughter. Other family

members that are JW's I care less. I would love to have a debate with him and

he told me he will look forward to it. Thanks and I use the Blue Bible for key words (web site).

Desirous: Yes that's the approach I will use. Don't take my words but investigate for

your self.

Black sheep: Good point. When he was here I held my tongue, but he ask "so you think

you are more knowledgeable now then when you were a JW"?

I ask him, what was the distance from Egypt to the promise land and what were doing

all that time. (He) 2-3 thousand miles and they were praising Jehovah.

Do you know it was less then 400 miles. (He) where are you getting this information?

(ME) from the Bible. He said he would investigate and get back to me.

OnGawb; No I'm not looking for a fight but if you knew my EBL, a know it all. LOL

I told him I have no problem with my daughter that have never shun me, but the one

he visit have shun me for 12-15 years. So his purpose for the visit, to get me to

come back so that the family (non JW's and JW's) can come together.

What is so funny, my non JW side of the family told me if I went back into

that cult they would never speak to me again.LOL

• jam
    jam

pronomono; The UN not sure about that. Years ago I told my brother (elder) about

the UN. His words " that's a down right lie and if that was true I would walk

today (from the borg). That was years ago and he is still in. LOL

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I just would talk about how they jesus is not your mediator and how only the 144k are mediated by christ and only them are in the new covenant and sons of god. Then you can show him all the scriptures that blow up this idea and ask him how he can continue to be in a religion that says jesus is not you messiah? Put the pressure back on him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit