I Went To A Catholic Mass Yesterday And What A Waste of Time!

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

You're just lucky the UN didn't try to destroy you while you were inside.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Roman Catholicism, Anglicans, and Orthodox churches value their ritual s. I love ritual. It ties me to a community throughout history. It may not be your cuo of tea.No forced you to kneel or stand. The ritual has little to do with belief. I expect that people were grateful that you showed respect. No one cares what you do. It is not the Witnesses. I prefer incense and Renaissance hymns. I hate modern simplified Bibles. Everyone is free to seek what they value

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Its the original Christianity - you were watching ancient rituals preserved for us to study.

All other forms of Christianity are derived from the ancient model.

• minimus
    minimus

Well, I do not like ritual. Does nada for me. To me, it's silly.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

To each thier own. I happen to like the ritual. You know, kids thrive on rituals or routine. If we take our daughter to get a doughnut one wednesday after school, it becomes a ritual. They LOVE having/creatiing rituals all through the year.

It facinates me that the church ritual was how most of the non literate people in long ago times understood the mass. I went to a spanish mass last week and it was comforting that I knew the rituals. The Bible readings I had to get from the english Bible and forget understanding the homily, but otherwise I knew what was happening, and the prayers that were said.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Each "ritual" has a reason. Just like in Judaism.

Prayer shawls and rosaries.

I'm with Botr... it ties back to the Christian community of the early centuries. There's something dignified about that for me as well.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Religion is such a silly concept. How would you explain your experience to an alien that just landed on our planet?

• scary21
    scary21

It felt very strange to me the first few times, and then it sort of grew on me. I'm sure it's much closer to what Jesus grew up with. When Jesus went to church it was NOT like the kingdom hall. lol .

Sherry

• barry
    barry

the JW religion also has rituals but most JWs are to close to it to see them

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Things that Minimus will not complain about:

0.----------------------

1.------------------------------

2.--------------------------------

3.---------------------------------------

4.-------------------------------------------

5.------------------------------------------------

6.-------------------------------------------------------

7.-----------------------------------------------------------

8.-----------------------------------------------------------------