Feb 15 study W/T up on jw.org

by konceptual99 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I seem to remember earlier (many decades earlier) articles insinuating that the Jews could have / should have figured out the exact date for Messiah to arrive based on the 70 weeks.

You remember this because it was drilled into us in one particular public talk, which I have the outline for because I gave it many, many times.

"Paying Attention to the Prophetic Word"

Here's the relevant part:

WHY WE SHOULD BE KEENLY INTERESTED IN BIBLE'S PREDICTIONS (10 min.)

Prophecies help us to see where we are in God's timetable

Examples (Mt 24:1-51; 2Ti 3:1-5)

Daniel 9:24-27 helped Jews know Messiah's appearance was close

Fulfilled prophecies strengthen faith in Bible as God's inspired Word

Fulfilled prophecies testify to Jehovah's omnipotence, his omniscience; not only foresees but also has control of future

(Isa 46:8-10)

Fulfilled prophecies strengthen our faith in those yet to be fulfilled

Prophecies written for our comfort, hope (Ro 15:4)

• pixel
    pixel

The 70 weeks prophecy was not meant to be understood during the 1 century but in the 20 century by the WT/FDS/GB... NOT!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"The fact is that there were many conflicting interpretations of the 70 weeks in Jesus’ day, and none come close to our present understanding. "

TRANSLATION: So even when we're wrong, we're right, just like the 1st Century Christians.

• anonymouz
    anonymouz

The GB are not anointed or Christian. Therefore they cannot know any details of the past. All they do is very "smoothly worded" blasphemies to cap off their reign as "evil slave" reps. (Dan11:32a; 2Thess2:3; Zech3:1-3).

All one has to do is watch an annual meeting video to see these guys are even bored acting and have zero "fire of the spirit" even when they roll off their scripted talks. They are dead pans barely even enthusiastic, when you know it is all an act, they even look like they are acting as well, and poorly at that.

You cannot fake God's spirit in general or in an anointing and they have neither. The GB never did exist in Jerusalem or the Bible, and in reality they still do not exist, the basic premise of the "Governing Body" is an untruth and the foundation of the current JW lie. How can something that is not itself true, or found in Acts 15 or Rev2-3, ever actually speak the truth? (2Thess2:11-12). In essence, the GB myth is a lie in itself.

The first Christ commendation of Rev 2 is? FRAUD DETECTION:

(Revelation 2:2) 2 ‘I know your deeds, and your labor and endurance, and that you cannot bear bad men, and that you put those to the test who say they are apostles, but they are not, and you found them liars.

And there in little words lies the Governing Body, no pun intended.

==

And they also claim Apostolic succession now as well:

""The channel he used for spiritual feeding was clearly recognizable. After all, the apostles—the original members of the governing body—could provide visible proof of heavenly backing.""

(WT 7/15/13 pg. 18, par. 12)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The only good that has come with '1914' among Jehovah's Witnesses is that it is an easy number to remember if you need a PIN for your personal accounts.

For example if you're governing body member Samuel Herd, your pin could be sh1914 or 1914sh......you get the idea!

• simon17
    simon17

JW's interpretation of "Prophecy" is so strange. Basically to them, prophecies are things that are of no use and that no one can ever understand until after the prophetic event takes place and we can look back and say "ah, that fulfilled prophecy." Why in the hell even MAKE a prophecy if it's too dificult to even be noticed?

• simon17
    simon17

Basically God does this: "I'm going to make a prophecy today about tomorrow. It will come true but you won't understand it until I explain it to you the day after"

• pixel
    pixel

Simon17, good point!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Only the large print is available atm. I'd rather wait and get the regular one with the pictures... I NEED PICTURES lol.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Jesus never applied the "70 weeks messianic prophecy" to himself.

Maybe he didn't understand things as well as the governing body do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit