A mistake in fading 4 months ago is coming back to haunt me... HELP!!

by ILoveTTATT 45 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Tell them that no one has stepped forward and brought any sins to your attention. How long ago was all this? It's in the past now. Jehovah has forgotten it, just like the WTBTS's UN involvement.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A lot depends on what you want to do.

How important it is to STAY IN right now, etc.

If there are FB records that can be printed, that and this woman's testmony is prob enough to get you the axe.

Doc

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

I hope you're able to record it, AND if you are DF'ed tell them it has been recorded.

I know there will come a time that they will come at my door.

I think they are stalling cause hubby is in and liked.

• jgnat
  • RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Good for you- please keep us informed on what (if anything) happens next. If they do corner you or show up unexpectedly, excuse yourself to the restroom and then TURN ON THAT PHONE RECORDER.

I hope it doesn't come to that though. Keep dodging 'em dude!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi ILoveTTATT, I really liked Lied2NoMore suggestion to tell them that your attonery isn't available on short notice. I would use that excuse if the elders press you either by phone or by showing up unexpectedly at your parents house. I feel that your mom would understand how you feel if you say that you love your parents too much to risk being DF'ed/DA'ed because of being slandered by elders, who are not in your congregation.

It could take you a long time to find an attonery who makes house calls.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I managed to avoid them!! And for added bonus, I went out with my mom and gave her TWO things to think about:

I asked her if she thought she would be a Muslim if she had been born in Saudi Arabia and not in the Americas. She said, at first "well, Jehovah does pull people out of there and makes them JW's right?" I said, "really?"... she said, "I really don't know... I guess I would be a Muslim"...

I was like

The second thing was, in previous conversations, I learnt that she was really mistreated in her childhood by a lot of people. The only ones who treated her well were.... drumroll please...

NOT JW'S... never were, never have been...

When I asked her if she talked to the only two nice aunties she had (one which essentially taught her her morals and the other who encouraged her to get a better life, not get married to a drunk or womanizer husband)... she said one of them died, but the other one is alive. I asked her if she talks to her. She said, "no, I don't associate with ones who are not JW's... because they are bad influence!"... then I asked her, "What do you mean?"

"Well, last time I called her, she said that she prayed to God that her husband wasn't in hell. I told her there was no such thing as hell, and she got mad and hung up on me."

"Mom, are you SERIOUS??? How is that ever going to affect your faith as a JW? How is THAT a sign of a bad influence? Are you REALLY going to be mean to the ONE person who helped you out in your childhood? Are you REALLY that ungrateful?"

Her eyes widening...

"Really, if I help her economically, what if she gives the money to the Catholic Church, or her prostitute daughter"?

"Mom, how she uses her money is NONE of your business! You still have to pay the government taxes, whether you agree with war or not!"

"Ok... it's really fear of my mother and what other people will say... I have always said that I will visit her when my mom dies"...

"Mom, how will you feel if she dies before grandma?"

"Really bad... You are right, son... I should go and visit her next time I go to (our home country)."

Me:

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

oh and RayPublisher: GLAD TO BE CANADIAN!! In the country and my province, recording conversations is PERFECTLY LEGAL... as far as I know, all of Canada is a "one party" 'state'... so if I know I am recording it... legally I am OK ;)

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well played. I have come to believe that getting people to understand TTAT is all about asking questions. If you ask the right question, the other person does not put up a defence and go to cult mode, they just answer the question, and that process helps them to see the truth. .

• mind blown
    mind blown

DON'T MEET!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit