Waiting for the JWs to come to my door...

by Hortenzie 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• adamah
    adamah

It's your right to do whatever you will do, but you really should look at this from anyone else's perspective but your own narrow view.

While you might get some satisfaction from persecuting these strangers, consider that they might be MY relatives (or anyone else who posts here, or even in this thread), and your immature outburst is likely only going to strengthen their defense mechanisms, and confirm their position in their own minds ("persecution complex"); they'll likely assume you are a hate-filled ranting apostate, and thus you're actually living UP to the GB's description of ex-JWs and playing into the best interests of the GB, tightening the hold on them.

Is that really what you want to do, living up to the GB's expectations? How is that NOT still being controlled by the GB?

Fine, just don't expect us to be cheering you on, since you're fundamentally motivated by your own selfishness and need to cause pain and hurt, and not potentially helping others, even those of us here.

Adam

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Adamah, everybody has just his/her own narrow view.

And, as for the rest of your post - WOW :O

• Powerful1
    Powerful1

Hortenzie....I'm not assuming. I'm going by what you stated....you want to pass judgment on those at your door...when they are probably heeding the same advice...the internet is evil.

I left 13 years ago...because of the internet...but also because of people giving me some things to think about when I was out in the Field Service.

You can do as you please...but the only person who will be affected is you....you will just help the JW in their beliefs and if non JW would see this, they will think you are crazy or very angry.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, hortenzie. You have just become a victim of an internet swarm.

If the board had all agreed with you and had a good laugh at the Witnesses' expense, I'd think it would be juvenile. Would it encourage the Witnesses to drop their book bags and come to their senses? Not likely.

P.S. I am all for jolting the Witness out of their patterned behavior and make them think for a minute.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

jgnat you said: I am all for jolting the Witness out of their patterned behavior and make them think for a minute. You are probably the only one who understood my intention correctly. It's my fault that I could not express myself so eloquently and precisely. But to my defense - English is not my mother tongue.

P.S. My reason wasn't anger nor did I intentended to hurt anyone. I thought that would be obvious to those who actually read all my comments carefully. Furthermore I was just trying to discuss an idea, that's why I was so suprised by the gross overreaction and personal attacks of many.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Hortenzie, if you decide to do what your op suggests, personally I would prefer if you would 'tear up' and not 'rip' things up!

Thanks!

Rippy

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Sorry Rippy, but I promise that out of a respect for you, I'll tear up the @#%& tract.

• rip van winkle
  • Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

This doesn't need to be about the JWs at your door. One thing religion can rob you of is authentic passion. As a believer you live the religious life in a state of continual play acting, you must always be thrilled, excited and happy about the truth and you must never be angry, hurt or doubtful. Your emotions become lopsided and unnatural. You, in escaping the religion, won your freedom, you won the right to natural anger, justified frustration and well placed disgust. Tear up the tract if you wish and dont be shackled by concepts of respect or guilt for people or organisations , remember they are there to enslave you, they are handing out rat poison and they will destroy your life without a second thought if they can. If you want to free them then there are more effective tactics but nothing in this situation requires you to take that responsibility.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Qcmbr - Amen. (I wish I could talk like that...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit