Waiting for the JWs to come to my door...

by Hortenzie 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

it is disrespectful for me to show them what I think about their lies?

It's disrespectful to show them what you think, if you do it in a disrespectful way. And this is a disrespectful way!!. It also accomplishes nothing but reinforce the idea the whole world is out to get them.

If you actually explain why you think they robbed you of so many years of your life, they might actually think " Hey maybe this guy has a point".

Instead, what they will be thinking is " People do hate us. The bible is so right"

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

It is disrespectful to rip up a newspaper or add mail? I do it all the time to line my parrot's cage. What is so different about a WT tract? I am not burning Bibles or somebody's national flag. Give me a break. I feel like being back in the KH. So much hypocricy...

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

redvip2000

Still waiting to hear WHY so many people think that ripping a tract is disrespectful. And also remind you respect is earned, it cannot be demanded. And I certainly have no respect for all those lies that the WT is spreading. They make people unhappy, ruin their lives and even kill!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If you believe Christ's teachings - " Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU"; "Love your neighbour as yourself". ( Matt. 5:44; 19:19) - then you will do your honest-hearted best to enlighten those who trudge up to your door. Share a wonderful Bible truth with them - something which they've never been able to see through the Watchtower veil. There are plenty to be found on this site.

Just don't hit them over the head with it - you are trying to help them see what you have found to be true!

Ask them a question about the Bible teaching you are showing them - don't make a statement about it. Let their minds try and reason on what you have asked. Only then is there any hope that they will start to analyze what they thought they believed was true.

For example;

Romans 6:7 - Why do you believe that this is literal? That means Christ's sacrifice was unnecessary, because our own death wipes out our sins.

Revelation 20:1-7, 12 - Why do you believe it says "new" scrolls, and why do you believe they are opened during Christ's 1000 reign? In actual fact, they are not new and the scrolls mentioned don't get opened until after Satan is destroyed.

Deuteronomy 29:10-15 - Why do you believe that foreigners were not included in the Law Covenant? These verses say the opposite.

Galatians 2:1-10 - Why do you believe that a 'Governing Body' resolved the circumcision debate? Verse 2 shows that Paul was directed by God/Christ to go to Jerusalem where the spies had come from, and tell those in Jerusalem the truth, not the other way round. They taught him nothing! (Verse 6)

Simple Bible truths which are perverted by the Org.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

To rip it up later, not disrespectful of the humann beings at your door. To do what you said, ripping it up in front of them and hand it back, yes, disrespectful to the human beings at your door.

I like the idea of writing the website addresses on it and then handing it back, politely with explaination and tact.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

The Searcher, thanks for your post. If you read the whole think you would know that I lost my faith in God and the Bible, "thanks" to JW. Beside I do not want to reason with them, I just want to make it clear to them, in some way, that they are spreading lies that affect vulnerable people (they got me after the death of my 19 year old brother), that make false statements that cannot be proven, and make promises that cannot be kept...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finkelstein, you are wrong. Ignorance is a choice and in this "Information age" it is not even an excuse, any longer.

I would have to disagree with that for there many people living today who have had a weak source of education

particularly in 3rd. world countries.

Organizations like the JWS reinforce ignorance through means of fear and guilt as part of the mind controlling

tactics on to people. Obviously literature proliferation is the core agenda with this religious organization.

There are people who come to your door consciously thinking they are doing some real good toward that home owner.

I remember quite well myself calling on people's homes in full conscious support that what the WTS. was saying through

its literature was true and probable. Why ? because I was brainwashed to believe so by this organization.

Of course eventually I matured as an adult and more information came froward revealing what the WTS. was saying

was not true.

• tornapart
    tornapart

If anyone comes to my door and tries to give me a leaflet about something I'm not interested in, I just hand it back to them and tell them I'm not interested thankyou very much. No need to be unkind to the person delivering it. If that had happened to me a couple of years ago before I 'woke' up, I'd have felt hurt. Ripping up something in front of someone's face that they have just handed to you is not a very nice thing to do. You having wasted 15 years of your life has nothing to do with them.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Finkelstein, I'm talking about my part of the world where almost every person has an access to the Internet (home, library, caffes, airport, subway (soon)...) If I lived in a 3. world country I would't say what I said.

• Loveyourneighbor
    Loveyourneighbor

Hi Hortenzie,

First I want to say I am so sorry you were robbed of so much happiness, and I hope you can find happiness again.

But I do want to say I agree with lots of the others on here that most people are trapped and blinded themselves.

I am actually still a JW, (although if ever cornered and asked my thoughts and beliefs I prob would get DF). I don't believe the same as everyone else. I REFUSE to practise shunning or judging others for their beliefs even if they are different then mine.

You said in your post they made you lose faith in GOD . No human or org. should be able to do that. Maybe lose faith that something is God's Org.

I hope you are able to heal be happy and regain faith. But you have to ask your self will doing tearing up the tract make you happy? And as far as it upseting them, it might. But more then likely it will have them talking about how the end is close, and as the telephone game goes, it might keep getting embellished on and turn into a JW urban legend.

But maybe it will give you closure or a feeling a vengence, but will it make you happy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit