Waiting for the JWs to come to my door...

by Hortenzie 66 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Nonjwspouse, but "WHY?" is it disrespectful is the question. They come to my door bringing their opinions to me, why cannot I show them my opinion?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

It all depends on what your motivation.

If you want them to become further entrenched in their belief system, ripping it up and giving it back will make them think of you as an opposer, and strengthens them in their position that they are being persecuted as foretold by Jesus and the WTS.

If you want them to escape the cult, you have to plant a seed or question in their mind, and allow it to fester. Now of course it may never grow, but you have to at least give it a chance to grow. There are dozens of scriptures, questions, ways to do this.

How about this - When they come, take the tract and thank them for it.

Tell them you are familiar with their beliefs because "X" relative is a witness, make up whoever you want. Tell them you asked "x" relative why they say Jesus returned in 1914, which contradicts Matthew 28:18. Have them read you the scripture. Ask them when Jesus was given "all authority".

Then tell them "x" relative could never answer the question, because it was back in 33 CE. Act completely confused and bewildered at why they teach something so contradictory, and see what they come up with.

They might offer to come back, if they do - don't let them off the hook with the example stated.

Only by making a tiny chink in their armor will they ever consider the bigger picture.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Loveyourneighbor, it is hard to take you seriously. Saying you are a JW and being on this site is inconsistent, to say the least. But thanks for your input anyway - I lost my faith in God and religion because JW took my innocence. I believed them 100% and they destroyed my trust in people and their ideas. And without trust it is impossible to believe in anything. I go to church, I read the Bible, I pray, I want to believe so much, but I can't... God is suppost to give me faith. That is the only thing I'm asking of Him but no answer. What to do now?

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

LostGeneration, I am an opposer; no matter what I say or do they will think they are right, and chosen by God; I don't want them to escape - their life, their choice; and I will not thank them for the tract, the same as I wouldn't thank somebody who gives me a flu.

Thanks.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Buy everyone, I have to go now.

Thanks to those who had useful suggestions (namely Robert), they helped me to modify my approach:

When JWs come, I'll take the tract, write on it www.freedomofmind.com, and hand it back with a greeting of a nice day.

I'm not very fond of grandiose gestures (ripping the tract), anyway. And this approach will accomplish what I wanted:

1 - they can't count it as a placement

2 - they can't give it to anybody else

3- It will show them what I think about it

4 - it will make me happy

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

no matter what I say or do they will think they are right, and chosen by God; I don't want them to escape - their life, their choice; and I will not thank them for the tract, the same as I wouldn't thank somebody who gives me a flu.

Wow. So what if the tables were turned? Imagine you were "in" and going door to door, fully belieiving it was the truth. Wouldn't you want someone to help you out, even if you didn't know it?

They are in mental prison. You have a key to get them out. You can hand it to them nicely through the bars and allow them to use it if/when they are ready. That is what I attempt to do if I have the chance. Or you can be a dick and hand them a box filled with 1,000 keys and laugh at them. That is what happens when you tell them off, it does nothing for their chances of escaping.

Cults are an evil scourge on this world, we as survivors have unique perspectives and tools that the rest of the world does not. Use the knowledge you have to make the world better, not worse.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Hortenzie I am glad you like the written web site approach. They will have to either keep the tract or throw it away. I wonder which they woud do? By being polite they cannot call "percecution". By handing them a valuable piece of website information you take the chance one of them might just look into it. Plus, they can't place the tract with someone else. Another goal I am sure you like accomplishing.

Sounds like a win/win to me.

The why?It is because those people at your door did not hurt you, but the organization did. There is a seperation between the people, and the organization that emotionally enslaves the people. Put yourself into their place and how would you want to be treated? With care respect, and a possible way to help you see TTATT, or insulting and giving the the opportunity to call out percecution, and the whole congregation would be applauding ...cemeting the "percecuted" "in" a bit more.

• whathappened
    whathappened

www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/pamphlet.php

Go to the webpage above and print out all of some of these flyers and have them ready when they come by or whoever you run into that may be interested.

JW's are not supposed to read it but you never know, you may get a JW at your door that is curious.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

When JWs come, I'll take the tract, write on it www.freedomofmind.com, and hand it back with a greeting of a nice day

What if they take the tract you wrote on, hold it up and rip it in your face? You see the point now?

Since you are putting effort into this potential encounter, why don't you do things properly?? Go to JW Facts.com and print a few pages of the most relevant information there..

Then once/if they do come, you can simply say " I'll agree to take your information, if you agree to take my information". Chances are they will say yes..

Maybe they will read it, or maybe not but it's worth the shot. Being confrontational with someone is completely useless if your goal is to make them understand your point.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

nonjwspouse - read #2 above.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit