Suggested Contribution Rate 1 Cor 16:2

by jonahstourguide 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

One hundred years ago CT Russell was selling 'Miracle Wheat" seed for $1.00 a pound. It was outrageous.

Someone should have been DFed for WT GREED. Russell? HE was the President??? lol

Russell asked sheeples to buy it and they did. Did it live up to its professed ' greatness '?

Of course not. lol Someone should have been DFed for WT LIES and DECEIT. DF Rutherford? He was all set to be the next WT President. lol

When are the sheeples going to wake up and keep their money in their pocket and take care of themselves and their families, first???

Wake up and make plans now, for your RETIREMENT.

WT Crazy 8's new home. Warwick - By - The - Lake.

They did their Estate Planning.

Did you??? lol

Watch Tower does not need your money.

They just WANT it. lol

They sold ONE BILLION DOLLARS worth of property in Brooklyn, alone.

Quit feeding this monster.

LoisLane

PS Bad behavior should never be rewarded.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Jeffro, You are correct, your choice was not intentionally coincidental re notes and colour but it provided a vehicle for what I

found an interesting excercise in comparisons and I must agree that 500 francs is 1.4% of the minimum monthly wage in Togo,

you are right on the money there.

1.4% of the minimum monthly wage in Australia is $56 and a minimum wage earner here would need to work app 2.7 hrs to earn that.

In Togo a minimum wage earner would also work 2.7 hrs to earn 500 francs. Perhaps I'm getting a little pedantic

with regard to the dollar amount but many here in oz picked up on the "note" and hence my suggestion of a discreet envelope

in line with giving from the heart and not for the eye. Oh by the way a denarius is worth around $200 in todays values in Oz.

ps these little hints of contribution rate seem a little unnessesary when Australia Jw headquarters recieved $18,367,450 in contributions in 2011

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jonahstourguide:

1.4% of the minimum monthly wage in Australia is $56 and a minimum wage earner here would need to work app 2.7 hrs to earn that.

Your vain attempt at finding a correlation based on an arbitrarily selected country and the approximate colour of banknotes suggests you may be somewhere on the autism spectrum.

However, your calculation for 1.4% of the Australian minimum monthly wage is wrong, as it would be about $38 (less after tax), earned in about 2.4 hours. And based on Togo's 6-day working week, an hour's pay on Togo's minimum wage is about 740 CFA francs (over 2000 CFA francs in your supposed 2.7 hours).

So it looks more like you're just making stuff up.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Im not making stuff up, my autism led me to make an error, in your opinion.

obviously we are using different sources to identify the recognised monthly wage in australia

which can be as high as $200 or low as $100 per day, depends how current your source is in an ever changing economy.

any how, does your not attacking my other figures suggest you might think i am correct ?

btw love the insults,,, i cant bother stooping to that ( now thats probably an insult...... must be the autism kicking in)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jonahstourguide:

Im not making stuff up, my autism led me to make an error, in your opinion.

Not at all. Though your possible placement on the autism spectrum may have led you to make the attempt at the meaningless correlation. Being on the autism spectrum does not mean you are autistic, but if you were actually autistic (and a sauvant), you might not have made the obvious errors in math.

obviously we are using different sources to identify the recognised monthly wage in australia

Possibly. I used official current sources. Not sure what you used. And you've gone from "minimum wage" to the much more ambiguous "recognised monthly wage".

any how, does your not attacking my other figures suggest you might think i am correct ?

Huh? Of course not. But it shows other readers that you're wrong.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

well jeffro i just checked the latest abs figures but havent figured out how to wack the link to the site.

you may be able to do it for us all its www.abs.gov.au/austats

your a bit of a wiz so i reckon you could do it easy

Seems we may both be wrong

did that do it ???

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jonahstourguide:

your a bit of a wiz so i reckon you could do it easy

I hardly need to. Your premise for the comparison was invalid to start with. I've done more than enough to prove that your correlation is wrong, so it was only necessarily to show the math only as long as it amused me.

I used current Fair Work Australia figures, rather than previous statistics. However, if you used old values, the minimum wage would have been lower, so it should have taken even longer than your supposed 2.7 hours for Australia, which was already not long enough to earn the supposed $56 on minimum wage. And yet it takes less than 1 hour to earn the amount you claimed for 2.7 hours on minimum wage in Togo.

You're just wrong. If I cared enough, I would demonstrate with a third currency, but I've well and truly made the point already.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

F W A

Now I understand.

Somehow I will teach my self to put up the link so all can see the real figure for average weekly wage in oz

not the government and employers dream of the poverty australians should be living in. as earlier stated

i was incorrect, my figures are in fact too low The full time average weekly wage according to the government

bureau of statistics is

$1422.70 as at march 2013. I was using a figure of $1000.00 so i was about 42.27% too low

although this is getting a little boring as the intent was to show the subliminal suggestion in the wt that others noted as well

and you succeeded in getting us both off the topic trying to prove each other wrong

i appreciate that the readers need correct references this forum and i will continue to present that

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

jonahstourguide:

1.4% of the minimum monthly wage in Australia is $56
    the real figure for average weekly wage in oz not the government and employers dream of the poverty australians should be living in

Okay... so which is it? Minimum monthly wage, or average weekly wage. (In either case, the claimed correlation doesn't exist.)

i was incorrect, my figures are in fact too low

In fact, your figures for Australia were too low and your figures for Togo were too high (and on the wrong ends of the scale to be 'corrected' by you 'realising' your error). Ergo, there is no correlation.

the intent was to show the subliminal suggestion in the wt that others noted as well

As already stated, any 'subliminal suggestion' is only relevant to people who recognise the specific currency depicted.

• smiddy
    smiddy

"A picture speaks more than a thousand words " The subliminal message for aussies is ,if your not putting in $50 , your not living up to your dedication vows to support kingdom interests . Get out and wash more windows , get off your ass and mow more lawns , you can afford to hand over more of your government assisted entitlements , your dole cheques , your pensions provided by satans system of things.

Jehovahs witnesses have long beleived they have a theocratic right to exploit satans system of things to advance kingdom interests .

Put another way, bleed the system that was designed to help the most vulnerable of society and help those in genuine need.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit