Suggested Contribution Rate 1 Cor 16:2

by jonahstourguide 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

In case you were in doubt, the suggested weekly rate is

AU$50

Page 8 nov 15 2013 study edition

jtd

havent worked out how to whack the page up,, (paste)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

No dollar amount is specified in the article. Nor is any specific amount indicated on page 9, where 1 Cor 16:2 is cited.

Ah... I see you're referring to the picture.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

yeah sorry mate, its an aussie fifty dollar note in the pic on page 8

jtg

• prologos
    prologos

how come you aussies get all the privileges,

playing on the beach all dressed, contributing all dressed.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

only when the camera's rolling prologos

I just get a little sensitive to any type of subliminal messages.

oh well I'll get over it, togs on and off to the beach,,,lol

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've seen that $50 in a number of Watchtowers these last few years. I assumed the Australian wt would have our $50, the American ones would have their $50. the Japanese their equivalent of $50 and so on and so forth so it was an amount all JWs could identify the large amount.

That could also be two fifties together in that pic. I've seen plenty of little old ladies put two fifties into the contribution box.

At least this picture shows an adult man's hand putting the money in, and not some story about how a child in dire poverty raised a pig or chicken and sold it for a dollar and gave the dollar to the WT. Taking money from impoverished families in developing countries, and making a virtue out of it!! Ok gonna stop typing before I begin ranting.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yes, the bigger the contribution the better to Pastor Russell's pyramid scheme, still going strong 100 years into Jesus heavenly rulership!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

DON'T SAY CHARLIE RUSSELL DIDN'T WARN Y'ALL!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ah, but the light has gotten brighter, you see. Just give more money and Jehovah will bless you.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That picture will have the subliminal effect of making JW's feel guilty if they put in a smaller bill, or just a widows "coin of small value".

The WT really has gone down hill and are just blatant money grubbing bastards.

As the late great George Carlin used to say :

"God owns the Universe, and all the wealth in it, He just cannot handle his Current Account, He needs your Dollars !".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit