Dubbies stopped by

by rebel8 16 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Well just like everyone else, we were visited by 2 old ladies. Mr. rebel8 was home and it went something like, "We're on a worldwide mission and we wanted to know if we could just leave this in your door." So he said ok and took it (because he knew I'd have fun with it later).

The tract reads like a note I passed to a boy in 1st grade:

"Do you like me? Can the dead really live again? Would you say:

___yes?

___no?

___maybe?"

I recently moved and haven't put myself on the DNC list yet. I am surprised the worldwide mission people don't already have me on the list, given my UADNA membership and all. So I guess I'll have to teach 'em.

Should I:

___fill out the section on the back, become an RV, and do my famous froth-at-the-mouth, speak-in-tongues act?

___check the "send me more brochures" box and hilariously deface them?

___fill the section out that asks for an RV, specify "visit only on 12/21 at 12:00 exactly--join us for our winter solstice celebration, clothing optional"?

• Ding
    Ding

Why not invite them for an RV and see if you can get one or both of them to think beyond what the GB tells them?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm not too interested in saving dubs. I'm mainly interested in preventing others from being assimilated.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Take the tract into the bathroom and use it as toilet paper next time you take a dump.

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

Rebel 8 I am with you on this one, I'd rather save someone from getting mixed up with that cult rather than try to change the deluded dubbies into rational thinking people. They talk about people in the world being asleep, spiritually speaking, they themselves are fast asleep to really what is going on with the Watchtower. So glad I don't go to meetings anymore. Had my daughter over for dinner tonight (meeting night), what a good feeling it was not to have to worry about that garbage anymore.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had forgotten about your "Act" Reb, I would just love to see you do that ! Frothing at the mouth is a difficult technique !

Speaking in tongues, though, is easy for me after 5 pints of strong ale.

I too don't try too hard to "wake up" the living deadDub , anyone still in it deserves to be there and put up with all the crap that entails.

Any chance I get I plant seeds with the general public, that they are a dangerous, toxic group in a number of ways.

As to the tract, I would be tempted myself to ask for a RV and have some fun, but that is just me.

I bet it isn't even good enough to be a bum wipe though. Cheap ink is a health danger.

• I quit!
    I quit!

To the will the dead live again question I'd tell them...yes I believe in Zombies.

• pronomono
    pronomono

I'm not too interested in saving dubs. I'm mainly interested in preventing others from being assimilated.

By saving a dub, you're saving all the people they could try to assimilate in the future. JWN, JWFacts, and JWSurvey saved this dub from trying to assimilate any more people.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Give them a roll of toilet paper.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I vote for hilariously deface. Transforming the figures to zombies does come to mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit