Response to Pathofthorns

by silentlambs 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

UNBELIEVABLE!

With each passing year the WTS grows more arrogant, even as their numbers decline and their predictions fail.

I am literally sitting here shaking my head at this. I am utterly awestruck at this.

It amazes me that any person with a rational mind could stay in this religion, but that is proof of the power of cult programming, mind control, and fear.

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• waiting
    waiting

The Usefulness of Critics

But critics can be helpful at times. At their best, they can encourage us to be more accurate and appropriate in our work. And at their worst they can push us to go deeper into ourselves and learn from the conflict that we have with them. Even though it may be painful to deal with people who deny and even attack the reality of our experiences, by working through our conflicts with them we can turn what appears to be a curse into a gift -- the gift of our own personal empowerment and growth.

"Memory and Abuse" - Charles Whitfield, MD p.4

Clarification?

Bill's assertions were verified with the release of the May 15, 2002 Watchtower, specifiying that any individual going over and elder's head and 'reporting' a confidential matter is to be shunned. - dungbeetle
    Please see Alan's WT quote above of the May 15, 2002 - to me it seems that this is the same ol' same ol' - saying that loose tongues could be guilty of slander. We've been threatened with this for at least 30 yrs - as long as I've been a jw. How is this WT any different?

Where is the "specifiying that any individual going over an elder's head and 'reporting' a confidential matter is to be shunned?" Again, we've always had the slander sin held over our heads - and the dreaded consequences.

Perhaps there's more to this article? Hopefully.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Here is a link to the editable text to this article...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=26684&site=3

• joelbear
    joelbear

Man, that is one freaky quote.

Truth sure does involve a lot of sneakiness.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

The assertions and opinions of anyone is always appreciated when it comes to silentlambs issues. I welcome anyone to express how they feel with the interest of having a more balanced view. On the other hand when a person dogmatically holds to a position that misrepresents the facts and implies the opposite of the way things are, has to be reconized.

Path is not trying to find balance, not trying to educate himself, not trying to help children. His posts as I have stated, set forth an agenda that hurts victims of abuse by supporting WT Policy. I stand by my position until he proves otherwise.

For all you Path supporters, stick with him and see where he takes you.

• waiting
    waiting

Bill, I swear! Is it just black/white with you or what?

For all you Path supporters, stick with him and see where he takes you.
    Is THIS what you want to take this down to - either on Bill's side or Path's side?

I refuse to be in any man's (or woman's) court 100% if at all possible. If I did, wouldn't I be making myself that much closer to falling prey to the thinking of a group like the WTBTS all over again?

No, there is a middle ground - and it shifts and changes daily, as true life does. There is so much room to think in the middle ground - only the WTBTS says that "Jesus vomited it out of his mouth because of being lukewarm." (obviously badly paraphrased.)

I like lukewarm - because with new or discovered facts, changed players, etc., the same lukewarm can go icy cold tomorrow or hell hot.

Path & I have disagreed before - and I don't buy all his thinking now - nor 100% of yours. When did it happen that we had to?

waiting

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Whomever has posted as Silentlambs on this thread:

You wrote:

Path is not trying to find balance, not trying to educate himself, not trying to help children. His posts as I have stated, set forth an agenda that hurts victims of abuse by supporting WT Policy. I stand by my position until he proves otherwise.

Path has nothing to prove. Proof is up to those making accusations, or any other type assertion for that matter. That you would stand by a position until someone--anyone--proves the negative testifies to your own inability to form logical conclusions, which makes your other assertions suspect. On logical reasoning I suggest you get more education.

Furthermore, your apparent disregard for how other reasonable people understand statements made by Pathofthorns stands as testimony of your personal unreasonableness, which would most often classify you as hopelessly stubborn. That you would go further and accuse Path of an agenda to hurt children by supporting WTS policy is, simply put, bald slander. That, Mr. or Mrs. Silentlanbs, goes contrary to everything moral you claim to represent. On social development I suggest you get more education.

Assuming you are Bill, I really don't understand you. Your response to Path is similar to how you have responded to me in private, and I KNOW this man resists WTS policy on child molestation, and other things too. Path is the same way! For crying out loud, Path is a supporter of child molestation victims. This is evident from years of his participation on this forum and from private emails to several. That you would throw away--actually ruin--an opportunity to gain from contributors like him evidences a pathology that puts off so many who might otherwise offer their assist directly to you. Instead these ones are left to go after WTS policy otherwise, which ends up with something less than the most intense offensive possible. Why in God's name you insist on putting off allies escapes me--it totally escapes me. On building allies I suggest you get more education.

And, please, don't lay into that BS about how reactions like those toward Path can be defended out of an intent to help victims. Sorry, that won't work among thinkers! If your sole driving force was to help kids then you would LISTEN to ALL the stakeholders instead of being so dadblame insistent that everyone but you is wrong in their assessments.

Enough is enough, Bill. Please, listen to those who love their neighbors and want to help victims. Don't put them off by needless hurling of insult! Persons are not your enemy just because they disagree here or there. Enemies fight your efforts; they don't waste their time trying to help you see alternate viewpoints for sake of strengthening your initiative, as Path has done. Now I suppose everyone will get to read your ranting at me. Go ahead. As Path has demonstrated, neither is this mind bothered by lunacy. What bothers me is how you waste resources like Path. It defies good sense.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Is there some reason this thread needs to go on and on? For that matter, does this topic need to go on and on.

I'm not taking POT bait anymore, like on the text thread. I want my two questions answered, and he isn't going to answer them.

1) Regarding the claim that Watchtower has made a postive change in handling of pedophiles: what is this new information and where can it be found?

2) If there is no new info, and it cannot be found, why then make the assertion over a period of months that it exists?

These are direct questions asked of Pathofthorns, and I 've noticed that not only POT but also his supporters cannot answer them either.

I will let that speak for itself.

As I said in an email to Prisca, I have become aware that the whole Pathofthorns thing is hurting the feelings of other posters who I have come to care about, and in that case I want to let the matter rest.

Perhaps everyone should do the same.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Making this a personal issue only serves to damage Bill and his efforts.

I can state the following FACTS:

Path is not a WT or pedophile supporter.
    Bill is not a WT or pedophile supporter.
    Both have somewhat differing views.
    Both are on the same side whether they can see it or not.

Fighting and trying to breed suspicion only results in the WT winning.

Kismet

• waiting
    waiting

Since this thread is at the top - I'm asking for us all to take heed of Kismet's words.

Path & Bill are not WT nor pedophile supporters. They have different viewpoints.

What's that saying? "Viva la differance"

Imho, both good men......and dung's okey dokey too, eh? Peace. And death to the Watchtower - or at least massive change.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit