Announcement: Schools for Couples and Single Brothers replaced by School for 'everyone'

by dropoffyourkeylee 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

It's not a school for everyone.

If you're married and you're partner doesn't want to attend or is not a JW you're not invited.

If you're old, you're not invited.

If you're middle aged and poor you're not invited.

I would assume that you must also be physically in good health.

This loving arrangement is brought to you by JW.org (TM).

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They should start Watchtower School for Christian Pets.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

How long before they allow sisters to have leadership positions in the congregation?

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

The "upside" to this change is that now all the single pioneer sisters have a new place to meet a "spiritual" single pioneer brother. As long as they allow the single sisters and single brothers to attend the same class sessions, I can see this turning into one big speed dating event.

• sir82
    sir82

The "upside" to this change is that now all the single pioneer sisters have a new place to meet a "spiritual" single pioneer brother. As long as they allow the single sisters and single brothers to attend the same class sessions, I can see this turning into one big speed dating event.

Bingo!

All the 40 year old virgins will be signing up in droves.

This will far outpace JWMatch.com.

• Gayle
    Gayle

But single sisters (over 25 yrs old) outnumber, single brothers. what? 8 to 1, I would guess?

• VM44
    VM44

"...with the stipulation that anyone between 50-65 were required to have their income and medical needs taken care of"

What is that supposed to mean?

The Watchtower is being cost conscious?

Everything comes down to money.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

But single sisters (over 25 yrs old) outnumber, single brothers. what? 8 to 1, I would guess?

Same as in a retirement community. Highly competitive.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

This move is going to cause the core pioneers and believers to have a SERIOUS FALLOUT.

I was speaking / arguing with my mother about this situation. She has not heard about this yet. She told me that this makes no sense and she sees no reason the brothers would do this. SHe then outright admitted something to me that got me thinking. She says, "I am 65 and a married pioneer for 13 years and I can't go because of my husband. There will be young twenty-somethings who are now carrying the title special pioneer and they have not proven themselves? This does not sound like the faithful slave."

Let us think for a minute... Most faithful pioneers are older women or middle-aged married women. They get all of their prominence in the congo from this position. They will not be allowed to go to the school because of children / financial obligations / husbands who do not want to go as couples. SO they are forever stuck as pioneers. Even with 30 years of pioneer service you will have young twenty-something single sisters who have been to a special school. This young sister will instantly have more prominence and pull then these faithful ones. This is not going to work out as intended.

Imagine a sister with 30 years experience who is 57... she gets all kinds of respect from those young upstart pioneers. Now imagine the 26 year old single sister with 5 -8 years experience. She had to bite her toungue around the "seasoned ones" in the car. Now she can pull her trump card of, "Well I learned at the School for anyone not sick and decrepit" that blah blah blah....

THis is not going to work as intended

• KateWild
    KateWild

Its all part of the strategy to increase the 'volume loudness level',-emeth

Yes I agree emeth, the louder they preach the more money the GB get. I totally agree with your point. It is all about the money. Good point - Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit