I don´t fit in here, so goodbye and take everyone.

by Mr Fool 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Avoid the threads that wind you up and gain from those that benefit you?

That's actually pretty good advice for life in general regardless of religious or nonreligious background.

• satinka
    satinka

Mr Fool,

Most of us have felt the way you feel, about not fitting in. It is because if you were born and raised a jw, you, like a square peg have been squeezed mercilessly and unceremoniously into a round hole, all your life. Your body felt uncomfortable, yet it didn't stop your parents or whoever from squeezing. You had to do uncomfortable things your entire jw life, such as going to meetings, spend Saturday mornings going door-to-door at risk of seeing your classmates, talking a "different language" to try and fit into the jw mold. That uncomfortable feeling, comparable to wearing shoes that are too tight became the "norm" and you forgot what true comfort and fit was. Just the squeezing of you into that awful mold which was too small and prevented your soul from growing into something that you actually liked or heaven forbid, loved!

It takes awhile to get back to normal after leaving, or even trying to leave the jws.

Don't worry, Mr Fool, most of us here understand your discomfort.

Be patient with yourself. Come and go as you see fit. No one will tell you to stay away or don't go. You are free here.

Oh yeah, the freedom thing. The free will to do as you see fit, instead of waiting for someone to tell you what to do. You are allowed to be your authentic self here... Oh, no, don't get me started on that one!

satinka

Mr. Fool:

The presence of poop in the ocean is no reason to become a landlubber. This is the real world, not a microcosm of phoniness like that found in a kingdom hall. You're not going to like everyone you run into. Why do you care?

Get what you need out of this site and contribute whatever you can. But if you must go, I wish you the best of luck and happiness in your life. Peace!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Learning the truth about the truth can be a painful epiphany at first and I guess some just find it too painful having their falsehoods burned away by blistering blowtorch of truth and reality.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Some of us are more sensitive than others. We can't help it we are born that way. About 15% - 20% of the population are like us.

http://www.hsperson.com/

Take care Mr Fool, you must have been feeling very down to give your avatar that name in the first place. I do hope you are going to be alright. Watchtower Free has been mentioning some alternative ex-JW sites that may help you. I might check them out myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit