JW came to door

by gma-tired2 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

JWs don't waste time talking today. She knocked on door, husband answered, she said were doing a world wide work and shoved a pamplet in his hand and left. I remember the days when we actually try to get the householders in a conversation. Today it is hit and run.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Special Tract Work was done in a 'blitzing' style.

I remember from the platform our entire presentation was suggested to be: "Good Morning, I'm taking part in the worldwide distribution of this tract. This is your free copy. Thank you. Good-bye!"

I think we had 10 days to get rid of place 50 tracts.

Maybe there is s blitz-type promotion happening now?

I don't know, just guessing. It *has* been one of their promotional strategies.

-Aude.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

They are tracking and reporting how many of these tracts they place. It's a numbers game.

• emeth
    emeth

This month the tract is being distributed worldwide to as many people as possible. During this month we wont try to have conversations except if the person at the door has questions. Then we take time to answer. So this is not our normal field service. Kindest regards from the Netherlands, Europe

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

All I can say its not the same religion I grew up in. In the 4 years I haved lived in this state this is the first time we haved had a JW knock on our door. I actually feel a little insulted by the blitzing, I guess I have been out so long I didn't know how much it is a knock and run actvity now. It was not worth the effort for my husband and I to go thru the effort to answer the door. I had to grab our dog and restrain her before hubby answered the door, and the to have a pamplet shoved in his hand. We really didn't want to talk to her but felt we should of had that option. Oh well we now have another 4 years until the next knock,

• likeabird
    likeabird

JWs don't waste time talking today. She knocked on door, husband answered, she said were doing a world wide work and shoved a pamplet in his hand and left. I remember the days when we actually try to get the householders in a conversation. Today it is hit and run.

That was one of the first nails in the coffin for me, though unfortunately I didn't realise that at the time. I used to hate the fact that literature would be pushed without the slightest interest shown to the householder or effort made to engage them in a minimum of conversation. Just watching those around me do that made me shut down inside.

At times I did manage to start up a pretty good conversation and would decide to either leave nothing or just a small tract, as the door was about to close I would suddenly see my preaching partner practically empty the contents of their bag into the householders hands (no joke). That ensured I never called back on people and basically let everyone else get on with it.

Working with people who had an endless supply of calls seemed a safe route until you would take a crowded elevator with them and they would announce, in a loud voice to everyone inside that they were engaging in God's work and sharing the good news of the Kingdom. Hiding in the far corner of the elevator didn't work either. I would hear my voice called from the other side to open my bag and give all the nice blank faced ladies and gentlemen whatever WashTowels I could find inside. I never saw such a lack of precipitation for what was on offer, but somehow my bag was always lighter on the way home.

This went on for years. The ministry became truly unbearable. Don't even start me on the subject of studies. Let's just say not having to preach anymore is wonderful.

Enjoy your next four years of peace!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Even here in the 'outback' in Spain they have managed to stick a tract in between the gate at our entrance... I must admit, I felt sort of a misplaced sense of shame when I read it... It's nothing like the tracts we had in the past, it's dumb, written for brainless stupids... and the 'JW.Org' logo so prominently on the backside made me sick...

And why the hell did they put an ENGLISH tract at our house??? Do they spy on people to see if they're Spanish or foreign? We have no contacts in the area (only with our landlord two houses down the road and he definitely isn't a JW), our house is in a dead end road and we weren't at home, so our car (which hasn't got a Spanish plate yet) wasn't there to give away our nationality... Really weird!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Bruja-del-Sol asked: And why the hell did they put an ENGLISH tract at our house???

Sorry, but I do not know your details or situation. If your primary language is English and you are currently living in a non-english area, someone in your neighborhood may have pointed you out to them. In my area, several years ago, there were Spanish-speaking JWs that went door simply asking if anyone in the house spoke spanish. If the answer was 'no', they they asked if I knew anyone in the area who *does* speak spanish.

Simply another marketing/prospecting tactic.

-Aude.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

@Aude: that's probably what happened then. I didn't like it... but I also wouldn't have liked it if they had left a Spanish tract either I just don't want to be confronted with JW's around my house.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

We had the "do you speak spanish" and "Which of your neighbors are hispanic" questions twice this month. I live in Houston in a diverse neighborhood. What bothers me is that they spoke English perfectly and no one tried to talk to me. Is the "good news" these days only for hispanics or what? Iwas alreay to get into something with them and they just left so quick I couldn't say anything (my husband answered the first time). I think that is a flippy way of doing business! I live in an apartment complex where there are many hispanic families,but everyone I meet speaks English beautifully anyway. We live in a good area and people here are employed and mostly families. Not one that I know of 'needs' a bilingual minister.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit