JW came to door

by gma-tired2 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's called the seven-second presentation around here. I used to like that witnessing cuz I didn't have to actually talk to the strangers I was accosting in their homes.

• jam
    jam

JW's are becoming like Mormons. I see Mormons riding around on

their bicycles in their white shirts and dark trousers, but rarely see

them knocking on doors.

• smiddy
    smiddy

So whats the "special" tract this time. In the 70`s or 80`s their was a series of "special" tracts to be distributed worlwide.

The rumours abounded that their were to be seven given out each one more hard hitting than the last ,culminating in the great tribulation .

It was supposed to paralell the marching around Jericho for seven days when the walls fell down . Anybody remember that ?

Of course it was a fizzer , no such thing eventuated , just another disapointment .

smiddy

• jam
    jam

So funny, they didn't come to my door they put the tract in

MY FRONT GATE. "Can the dead really live again ".

I found the tract on the ground this morning near my front gate.

I ask the wife, any JW's come by?. She told me I saw them stop by the

gate and they left something in the gate.

Now that's the kind of door knocking I can appreciate.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

They are taking part in a "DUMBED DOWN WORK" So no speaking skills required.

• steve2
    steve2

Reader alert: This ain't new; this ain't new!

We did the exact same blitz work in the 1970s with kingdom news tracts.

We were specifically instructed to greet the householder, hand them the tract telling then briefly what it is for and leave.

Congregations up and down New Zealand were abuzz with the whirlwind urgency of the work. To us, young and old alike - ahem, and gullible - it was a sure sign the end was near. Oh that was just on 40 years ago. God, I'm old now and wiser and all the old witnesses who so excitedly delivered those tracts are long dead.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Steve 2 I forgot about 70s Kingdom News tracts and I actually took part in distributing them. I liked it because I really didn't have to have conversations with the householders. . Now as a householder it bugs me. I have a new prospective.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I think that during the special tract campaign, they keep it short on purpose. The instructions are actually not to spend too much time with someone, they are supposed to hand you the tract and move on.

But even on regular field service they don't bother trying to engage you in conversation. I think most JWs actually prefer if you don't ask questions.

They want to hand you a pair of magazines and leave, then walk slowly to the next house while they talk about their vacations. It's all about having enough hours to fill a service report and keep brother hounder off your back.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

@Jam: exactly my story! Same tract... What did you think of it? Have you read it? The arguments used to 'proof' that the Bible is true... pfffff... really blew me away. Because of the stupidity that is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit