Some more weird ones

by Hortensia 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

hhahah never heard of the ring thing....but it is pretty silly!

well - if the november 28th thing pans out, at least we'll have full guts to last us a few days........gobble gobble....

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Definitately a family superstition. Not related to anything I know — except that JWs are filled with this kind of nonesense.
    My parents thew their wedding rings away because they were an opened door to Satan, as they had been blessed by a priest of Babylon the Great.

Pfff....

• tec
    tec

My neighbors include new agers, I AMers, St. Germaine believers, UFOers, believers in Telos, redneck Tea Partiers who want to secede from California and survivalists. And that's just a small sampling. I'm starting to fear I might fall down one of those rabbit holes myself someday.

Your neighborhood should be a television series ; )

At least they must keep things interesting for you!

Peace,

tammy

• carla
    carla

I have heard the tub thing years ago from a very old relative. They did not believe it, they were just relaying that others believed it when they were young. All non jw related (our entire extended family never knew any jw's until mine joined up), I suspect your jw in the story heard it elsewhere and expanded upon it.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

The November 28 prediction is a corporate conspiracy, to get people to start their Christmas shopping early.

No wonder I keep getting all these notifications for pre-Black Friday sales!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Tec -- you're right! It never occurred to me before but it makes sense -- a Mount Shasta reality show. It certainly keeps me entertained.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Rip - I think you must have posted at the same time I did -- I just saw your post. Your prediction makes everything clear! At last, I understand!

BTW my psychic neighbor said she didn't know whether it meant a power failure or the sun going out, we'd have to wait and see but in the meantime she went shopping and bought more Sterno.

• Violia
    Violia

CIRCLE (sun disc, sacred hoop, ring): An ancient and universal symbol of unity, wholeness, infinity , the goddess, female power, and the sun.
    To earth-centered religions throughout history as well as to many contemporary
    pagans, it represents the feminine spirit or force, the cosmos or a
    spiritualized Mother Earth, and a sacred space. (See next item) Gnostic
    traditions linked the unbroken circle to the "world serpent" forming a circle as
    it eats its own tail. (Seeserpent)

A circle is cast for protection; the circle of life etc. It has sacred meanings. In tarot the card " wheel" is a circle.

Your friends father probably had some superstition in his upbringing. Jws from the early years were very superstitious.

Here is a great page about all the symbols we use and their meanings.

http://www.crossroad.to/Books/symbols1.html

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Unfortunately many people who got drawn into the JW religion were not mentally strong or were suffering

from certain off balancing psychoses.

Emotive and imaginative fear creates and holds in place these subconsciouses aspirations.

• blondie
    blondie

Never heard of the Satan circle belief even among non-jws. It could be a regional belief some jws adapted as their own or brought into their jw life from their non-jw life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit