Were You Tough On Your Fellow Witnesses?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, once you stay away from "The Truth", it's easy to be more humane.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

No, I wasn't. I saw much hypocrisy but I felt Jehovah and his angels could see it a lot better than I could. lol

I firmly believed Jehovah had his plans for taking care of "business".

I saw cruelty. I was not cruel.

LoisLane

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

My mother and oldest brother who served as the male head of household since my father was gone were known as very stern Witnesses. As a result people were very careful around me and I wasn't invited anywhere except for WT studies or the like. I spent a few months at the Montevideo branch and was introduced to a lot of things I never thought existed. I came back and everyone thought I had a bad attitude and that there was something off about me. It was then that I married too young and to the wrong man in the hope of setting my own identity separate from my family and to gain a measure of freedom.

• jam
    jam

I don't think so. I was one of those elders that received phone calls

in the middle of the nite. I was told by fellow elders I need to be

more forceful. It wasn't in my nature.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Minimus, I think you would have been a lovely elder... such a shame that all the good ones eventually go. I'm still 'in' and happy that the elders in our cong are all lovely too. Really kind people trying thier hardest to help and care for others against the odds. If that changes, there would be nothinig that would keep me in, family or not.

Of course they get things wrong sometimes, because they are 'following orders' but I don't think any of them are 'tough'. Like all JWs they have been mislead. The blind leading the blind.

• zeb
    zeb

never.

• minimus
    minimus

Age makes us more mature (hopefully).

• designs
    designs

I was tough on one brother who had possibly the worse addiction to alcohol I had ever seen. I kept him from being reinstated for a year, I still feel ashamed about it. I think looking back that it was more to do with me denying my own growing alcoholism.

• minimus
    minimus

I think we can look back and realize we had power that we never should have had!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit