So, I got this D2D visit and I made them start disagreeing between them in front of my eyes

by BluePill2 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Ususally I wouldn't come here to announce that two dudes in polyester suits with cheap ties wanted to convert me. I am long past that "excitement", been out for a couple of years now. This was the first time they rang my door bell. But here is why this turned out interesting and I thought I might share this with you all. You could maybe use this yourself:

First dude hands me out a small, lilac tract that read something like "the dead will come back", says: Wouldn't it be marvellous if the dead would come back again and live again with us?

Me: "No, they better stay where they are now."

Dude 1: "Why? Haven't you lost anyone to the claws of death?"

Me: "Adolf Hitler. What about Adolf Hitler? Would you still think that having him back would be a fantastic idea?"

Dude 2: "No, HE was a criminal he will NOT come back" (very emphatic!)

Dude 1: Turns to his partner and says: "Who are you or me to judge? He might come back, with a younger body and a better mind."

Starts Bible thumbing TO HIS PARTNER to correct him IN FRONT OF ME.

Me: WTF is going on here?

Dude 1 & 2 discussing between themselves.

Me: "You see? The whole deal isn't even clear to YOU. If god is such an intelligent being, than his message would be clearer."

End of discussion. Both suddenly wanted to leave very quickly, left me the tract in the mail box EVEN THOUGH I told them that I don't want the tract and that I am an Atheist.

Dude 1 seemed to be an elder or CO, came off as arrogant and sitting on a high horse.

That was my morning experience (here in Europe). Felt good guys & gals. Reaaaaally good.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am glad you had fun with them, nice story made me smile-Kate xx

• jemba
    jemba

Thats what happens when people who dont like each other get put together by the Bro doing the field circus arrangement, happened so many times to me I lost count. How wonderful to not have to do that awful work ever again.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Very good method to throw them into chaos.

Dude 2: "No, HE was a criminal he will NOT come back" (very emphatic!)

What about the fella that died on the cross next to jesus? He was a criminal.

• rebel8
    rebel8

ROFL!

• cofty
    cofty

That was funny thanks.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Laughing my donkey off!!!!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Most JWs do not even know their own theology .

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Jim_TX: Exactly, that was one of the arguments that the second dude brought up, but then his partner started to cut him off and interrupting him. I felt sorry for this guy. Here he was, standing in front of some strangers door and being scoffed by his OWN BROTHER.

I enjoyed the whole thing - really - I can't tell you how i enjoyed not being in their shoes, not being forced to distribute tracts and to see their faces. After a couple of minutes they noticed that this visit went so wrong at so many levels.

I'm wondering how the rest of the preaching morning went, because they had like thousand tracts in their hands (what it that lilac tract anyway that he had soo many of them? Never saw it before, had a big fat JW.ORG AND a QR-Code)

Thinking about this visit, sounds almost comedian, but then these two weren't the sharpest knifes in the drawer either. The talking dude was more of a bible thumber, quoted like 3 scriptures in a minute.

Anyway, they are lost. It is more fun being on this side of the door frame, the perspective is just so much better.

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

My inlaws got that same tract yesterday here in Arizona. It was kind of a hit and run, they said the JWs clearly did not want to actually talk at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit