New! Borg instruct to report tract placements

by pixel 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Somehow I think this has been done before--back in the 70's. I remember managing to get into an apartment building that my aunt lived in (it was unaccessible otherwise), and I stuffed tracts under doors before I left. It seems like we reported the tracts on our field service slips under "booklets."

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

The Borg is PATHETIC.
    Did Jesus tell his disciples to keep track of their work? NO! Why?
    Because giving freely does not "count" good deeds.

The WTS makes me sick!

* Of course, they shoot themselves in the foot, because thinking numbers prove god's blessing has backfired.
    Islam and Mormonism could actually use numbers to prove THEY are more blessed than the JWs.
    Idiots. All of them.

• tiki
    tiki

if this is for real, it has to be the ultimate in desperation and/or stupidity! how on earth do they expect to get an accurate count of individual pieces of paper?!? i remember long ago one of those big run and drop the thing months - and we received them in increments of - i really don't recall - but say they were packed by 500 in a unit....so if you got 5 units, you had 2500 - then at month end you'd physically count how many you had left, and subtract that......but how do you account for the ones that flew away in the breeze or got dumped in a puddle and ruined............and the pioneers who could run the fastest got the highest counts - glory for them. idiots.

all they are doing is creating litter. good thing it is biodegradable.

• L3G
    L3G

The pattern is clear. It's just like the "doorstep bible study" and the fractions of hours used to keep the "inactive" "active." It is sad, pitiful to see how desperate they are to keep the stats up... Such sort-sighted thinking...

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Numbers, numbers, numbers.....

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The WT knows that most JWs will never see the suspicious ambiguity in the details... It's all about showing them a fat bottom line and telling them how great they are compared to their competition at Babylon the Great...

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

an excellent way to "measure" your "spirituality", and stir up some competition among the "friends". less than a 1000 tracts last year? you are not spiritual enough for privileges.

next year the application forms for bethel will be revised with the following question:

"write down how many tracts you placed over the last 6 months. if it is less than 1000, explain why........."

morale of the story: to be a publisher in good standing, you have to "place" more tracts (or throw more tracts in the bin, whatever you prefer)

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

My hubby called me this am. He was getting ready for work when the doorbell rang and he did not answer it. When he finally went to the door there was a JW tract in the door mat. I guess we just became a return visit!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This is kind of crowd psychology 101. Someone invited me in the ministry recently on a sunday. They are just trying to be encouraging. They are the kind of person who doesn't know jack about scripture, but is a very good person. So he is trying to encourage me. I get it. No problem there.

He said hey why don't you come out with me on sunday, its tract work so its really "easy".

Any there we have it. Handbills are now 3-4 time a year campaigns. It is easy, you just hand it to someone and say hi. Then you leave, and count the placement. Hours fly by, more people are out because they are less intimidated and it is more "temporary".

The counting of these tracts are to motivate the individual reporting it. Not for anything else. I mean if there is a campaign, you can easily and with very little work hand out a billion tracts, get 15 hours that month, and write in a nice hefty numbr of 150 tracts or something like that.

When you put a larger number on your score card, you feel better about your contribution. When you feel better, you do more.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Pixel says in opening post: 'why on earth do they tell you to start counting placement in the middle of a campaing, like the one they are doing now with kingdom news 38 and not before it started??'

Let's be easy on 'Mother' and be more understanding. After all 'Mother' is over 100 years old and it is expected that she will show signs of aging like Alzheimers, Dementia and other indications of decline in mental ability.

In other words the bitch is old, what do you expect (LOL)?

Thank you Pixel for the heads up on this BOE letter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit