What were Albert Einstien's Religious Beliefs?

by KateWild 110 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

I still think it is pointless and misleading to use the word god outside the broadest sense of theism. If somebody doesn't believe in a personal, immanent god then they would do us all a favour by not using the word at all.

in a 'perfect' world cofty...in a perfect world.

• prologos
    prologos

Rip vW thank for posting that. Albert could not have said it better about himself. His weltbild, including god=the creator.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

prologos, I believe Al should speak for himself!

• cofty
    cofty

Why are Einstein's views on god any more significant than my postman's views on Manchester United?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Awe as the noun, but not as an external agent.

• prologos
    prologos

Rip van Winkle, Did not Einstein speak for himself in your quotation from his weltbild (view of the world)?

"--- reveals an intelligence of such superiority---"

Did Einstein believe, state anywhere that the universe created itself?

perhaps in our lifetime Einstein came closest to reading the mind of god, or so he thought, and many agree.

His points on god are of world wide importance,

the postman's opinions on soccer are in another ball park, dealing with the "one object" problem, not the universe

to each his own.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I suspect (and would like to research more) that many great minds have experienced seemingly inexplicable ambivalence about (the "Christian") religion, precisely because they did not have a framework to tell the baby (faith and spirituality) from the bathwater (religion).

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Prologos: Rip van Winkle, Did not Einstein speak for himself in your quotation from his weltbild (view of the world)?

~~

Yes, that was my point. There is such a huge collection of Einstein's own thoughts on God, religiĆ³n, belief, philosophy, science, etc., that even all these years after his death, he can still speak for himself!

However, what we don't know is whether or not Einstein's opinion on the subject matter (insert giggle) would change or remain the same, if he was alive today, 60 years later.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Why are Einstein's views on god any more significant than my postman's views on Manchester United?

That would depend on your postman's knowledge of football - and of course on which aspect of ManU he was referring to. As. 'blue' of course it's a very tedious topic (Unless we're discussing the last Derby) :)

• yadda yadda 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit