Are YOU Paying More or Less or the Same $$$ For Insurance Since Obamacare?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

just curious

• cantleave
    cantleave

My national insurance contributions haven't increased at all.

• BU2B
    BU2B

More by 89$ a year so far.

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

Mine is going $500/year with the company I'm working for. They are also assessing a $750/qtr penalty if we don't participate with the company's health wellness program. Basically we have to do a biometric screening and fill out a questionere (sp?) to avoid it but has caused a bit of uproar in the company (privacy issues). Also the insurance company will be looking at claims and selecting ones who have a chronic condition (diabetes, asthma) and have them talk to a wellness coach to handle it. Even though participation is optional, they will be assessed a $750 penalty if they do not.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Mine went up $300 for my family. But to be fair, it seems that every year it has went up.

• minimus
    minimus

so far it does not seem horrible, then.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I'm a union employee. So far we haven't been affected. The employer pays into a heath and wellfare fund. Insurance meets the Obama minimum. Joining the union was the best thing I've done since the economy crashed in 2008. Full reimbursement for prescriptions, and not too bad insurance otherwise.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Mine went up about 5% for this year.

About the same as last year.

Much higher than inflation, but not bad considering the bloated cost of anything in the medical market.

Doc

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

For us the cost has stabilized whereas last couple of years we had massive increases - when I started I didn't have to pay for an individual plan, then it was $10/month, over 4 years it ballooned to $180/month - however since the Obamacare law passed (and the profits for the insurance companies curbed + minimum requirements) the rates are stable and we've gotten for the same cost a much better coverage (we used to be REQUIRED to contribute at least $120/year into a HSA account, this year not anymore).

• designs
    designs

Ours will go done by half.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit