My friends visitation is tonight all of her JW family will be there

by troubled mind 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m glad it went well for you tm , such situations can be trying .

smiddy

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Just saw this now and so glad it went well. Maybe even 'better than expected'. (??)

It's nice that you got to sit with the normal people. That part made me smile.

*hugs*

-Aude.

• steve2
    steve2

It's hard to grieve when you're in the presence of such legalistic minds. On the positive side, at least they had the decency to attend her funeral service. God knows there are JWs who would refuse to do so or who would refuse to eat with you in the same room. This won't make you feel better but maybe thoughts such as theze will help you not to feel even worse. You survived an ordeal - now may you find the courage and support to grieve for your lovely friend. What a sad, sad loss and whzt a great friend you were to her.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I found at my father's funeral that some shunned me, but others were pleasant and spoke to me. The most hurtful were the ones that took the opportunity to say that I need to return to the religion if I want to see my father again. Try to help her seek out the pleasant ones and ignore the rest.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have no doubt her JW family loved her .They were visibly upset last night . If only they would learn shunning is an evil ,horrible practice .

I don't want you to think I am an emotional weakling, because that would be far from the truth .However there are still those human moments when I need to hear from those that understand . I held my head high ,because I knew I had been there for her unconditionally .

• k.chambes
    k.chambes

Consider commending your friend in prayer to Jehovah's memory. She already is but the Jehovah I know is a bit like all of us in that He naturally wants to forget the vindictive, judgmental self righteous. Jehovah recognises those who cause trouble in His name and those who suffer as a result. Nowhere in the universe is as safe as Jehovah's memory and nowhere has more hope of real life. You friend is there and time is not passing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit