Did Adam and Eve Partake of Literal Fruit or is it Symbolic?

by Stauros 71 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Stauros
    Stauros

must sleep now.......have a wonderful night.

E.

• prologos
    prologos

S--Taurus, I have deep respect for Jesu's teachings since they confirmed my families value system, and of course he cited the Eden story. cited it the way we quote Goethe, Tosstoy, the bard, Voltaire.

Since the funnies in the garden, they have added floating axes, talking donkeys, walking on water, transsubstanciation,

all symbolic, imaginary.

full of imagination.

BSW the "TAURUS-S"*remark is not meant to be insulting nor personal, just to prove that the human mind can instantly produce in appropriate CONNECTIONS like they did in the genesis story.

Imagine. sleep in an extra hour.

*BULL-S

• Comatose
    Comatose

If we all agree it can't be real, then let's just stop there. Why does it then have to have some deep real meaning? why divine a figurative meaning out of what you admit is a false tale?

• prologos
    prologos

Comatose, for the games sake, from a flawed tale, an even more wanting reasoning will come, and when tripped up, or painted into the corner, that particular painter might see the light and consider reality.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Eve had to be blond for accepting that a snake/serpent could talk. She was perfect wasnt she ?

Adam had to be thick as a brick also, for not going to the tree of life and eating that fruit first.

Satan comes off the winner. They did not die on the day they ate the fruit .,and their eyes were opened knowing good and bad.

smiddy

• Fernando
    Fernando

"Two Trees" by Robert Ingleson is a great read.

On my spiritual journey I have come to conclude that the first tree is "religion" (poison chalice) and the second the "unabridged gospel" (Holy Grail). This is brilliantly, graphically and shockingly depicted in the Harrison Ford (Indiana Jones) movie "Last Crusade".

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I posted on this before...if you check the footnote in the big reference bible it says the literal translation says they were mentally enlightened byt he fruit...even though this is not Watchtower teaching.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"We have multiplyed and are filling the earth as we speak. It had to begin with a male and female....think about it."

How come god didn't know that? In chapter 2 he realises that Adam hasn't got a Squeeze. He'd done the male and female thing for a whole bunch of other animals then it's completely slipped his perfect, all wise, all seeing, all knowing, mind, that the pinnacle of his creation has a penis that is completely useless when it comes to procreating the species. Or had he forgotten that too?

• Ding
    Ding

I think the text is talking about a literal fruit but that it isn't saying that there some special property in the fruit.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The hard part for me to swallow is the JW explannation that Jehovah would be so petty and hold a grudge for 6,000 years over this one act of disobedience. The JW theroy that Jehovah has allowed all the pain and suffering for the past 6,000 years to prove a point is sheer foolery.

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit