What Rumors Were Said About You Either While You Were In Or Were Out Of The Organization?

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Funny how if you just even sit next to a person, they think something must be going on. Lol

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

The first rumour about me was that I had left my ex-husband for a wordly person. And it was true hahaha.

The second rumour was that I had abandoned my children, which was an utter lie. I let them stay with their father, but never abandoned them and up until today my bond with my kids is wonderful.

The last rumour I heard about me was that I became a witch. And that was/is also true.

There are also rumours about me and my hubby (and our business) going around on the internet by non-JW's, but they have initially been started by my own mother and sister, saying we are swindlers. This has cost us money, customers and friends (at least I thought they were friends) and it has really hurt me, since I trusted in the goodness of people. I found out the hard way that there aren't many people to be trusted, in and outside the JW's. And that some people whom you've never met, don't know you at all, just start telling lies about you on the internet and spread it, which leads other 'evil minded' ones to it who put another twisted idea in and before you know it they're saying you should be killed!

Through this thing we've lost people we thought were friends, who believed the stories, I even had to convince my own children that it's nothing but lies... But it still hurts knowing how bad some people are, trying to hurt others, just for their own fun or to soothe their inferiority complex... I don't know why people do such things...

The rumours told about me in the hall are peanuts compared to what some people on the internet dare to say about my husband and me... and it's nothing but assumptions and lies.

Maybe I should've posted this in a 'bullying'-thread... something I've been familiar with my whole life, nothing new... I'll just keep breathing and hoping it'll pass again... pffff...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit