Anyone know of any witnesses that concealed carry to meetings?

by LogCon 30 Replies latest jw friends

• LogCon
    LogCon

Does anyone know of any witnesses, in good standing, brother or sisters, that used to conceal carry to meetings or field service?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

There are many here who have said that they did and still do. I can't recall if there are any from outside the US that do, maybe we'll find out in this thread.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Why do you want to know??

• LogCon
    LogCon

Faithful Witness asked why I want to know.

Living in Canada concealed carry is illegal. Maybe 3 private citizens in Canada have concealed carry. However, I do understand the fear people have. The news is full of stories where people are victimized. In my city, metro Vancouver, the major university, UBC has had 6 female students sexually assaulted in the last few weeks. I have a number of firearms for sport target shooting only. I would walk over hot coals before I fired at another person, BUT, I do understand the need for some to carry concealed to protect themselves. Of course, I refer to the Utied States.

In answer to the above question: Just curious.

And, if any witness knew of someone carrying, did you remain silent? and why? Would Jehovah look on with understanding and approval if someone had that kind of fear and carried to protect themselves?

• LogCon
    LogCon

Sorry, not Utied States. I meant to say Untied States.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

Only when my sword is within my briefcase. Eph 6:17, Heb 4:12

Time to kee ill some of them there apostates, Boy! Now go get me mah .357 magnum!

• Honesty
    Honesty

SFPW, if your sword is the 'New' New World Translation you are bringing a penknife to a gunfight.

• blondie
    blondie

Carrying guns for anything other than hunting is extremely frowned on and even that is not liked.

jws are expected to keep secular laws unless they conflict with God's laws...I don't think Christians are required to carry guns.

*** w90 5/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

The Watchtower

of July 15, 1983, discussed why true Christians do not carry or keep guns for use against humans or protection from them. (Pages 23-6) Meditating on that counsel has led some Witnesses to reevaluate having even hunting guns. Not a few have chosen to get rid of their guns altogether or to avoid having them on display and readily accessible. These Christians thus would not give the impression of taking pride in weapons or trusting in them. Furthermore, not even having hunting guns, or not having them easily accessible, can avert tragedy. The deadly weapons could not then come into the hands of children who might accidentally hurt or kill someone, nor would guns be at hand if someone was extremely frightened or depressed.—Compare Proverbs 22:3.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Stand for pure worship, does that mean you carry a gun when doing the jw door to door work?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit