How many of you went to your Class Reunion when you were a JW??

by James Mixon 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

How did it go for you? I have a 50 year reunion coming up and

I am looking forward to it.. They all know I was a JW, it should be interesting.

I figure we won't have many more (reunions) so I must attend, the last round up.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I went to my first one when I was still a witness (kind of rebelled with that, we aren't supposed to go as an 'example' to our children not to go to their high school activities).....then went to my second one when I was fading. It was awkward cuz I had a fake facebook account where I made lots of ex witness connections, and my husband was still mentally in, so I didn't tell him about it. Since a lot of school friends knew me from that account I had to ask them to not mention it at the reunion!! So glad he left with me, and I don't have to keep secrets like that anymore.

James you will have a wonderful time! Review your yearbook if you have one so you can refresh your memory on these people.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I never went as a JW. 2 yrs after I left I was contacted to attend my 30 year out of the blue by a girl that was a neighbor way back when. I went, and even though I was a fish out of water and had left that school after 9th grade to go "where the need is greater," everybody was very nice and we kept in touch for awhile. It is amazing no matter how old we all are, in our minds eye we are still see each other as those 14 yr old kids.

Have fun! It's interesting and the music will be great!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Fay: Yes I'm reviewing my yearbook, I hope all will wear name tags. Two years ago

at a funeral a young lady approached me and ask did I know her. I had no idea who

she was, I thought some old friend daughter. Boy was I wrong, she was my old girl friend

who I took to my senior prom, She was stunning.

Dagney:" in our eyes we still see each other as those 14 yr old kids", so true. Yes

we are going to have great time.

• RoyalFlushPhil
    RoyalFlushPhil

After high school, I really never saw any of these people I thought meant so much to me, my so called friends.

When the Five Year Anniversary came I went only to see people don't change that much, they graduated from their colleges and Universities looking for a better life. That's the most exciting time I think, as time progressed many of my friends had problems with life, some ended up in jail for "life without parole" ect...

Ten Year, good looking boys and girls started putting on weight and disorders with drugs began, life has not sunken in to all my friends I did not see for close to Ten Years.

Twenty Year Anniversary, divorces, alcoholism, some hit big time with great jobs and political positions on the local front. A few members died, the Twenty Years is when things really sink in, hope you had a better time than me

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

RoyalFlushPhil: I think at 50 years you so happy to see your class mates are still

alive, and a lot of us is still taking drugs but legally. You were right about

class reunions from 5-20 years. The first few years folks boast about their career,

next few years pictures of their kids, 20 years their kids career, next few

years divorce, 50th reunion you are looking for that old boy or girl friend from high school.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Yeah I think the 10 year and 20 year is all about status and showing off your achievements, and then by the 40th, people just want to dance and have fun. I've heard that from an older relative, anyway. Dance your socks off james!
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    I haven't attended any high school reunions because I'm embarrassed to see people who know I was a jw. Dubbery is embarrassing.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Rebel! It would totally just make their day for you to tell them the news. They would be so happy for you. A bird let out of her cage. Don't be embarrassed, shout it out, woman!!!
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I have not gone to a class reunion - I doubt that that missing my HS class reunion is because of being a JW. Perhaps I will go to my next. But I am not sure how to find out when the next reunion is. How does that happen?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit