I am giving a Public Talk

by cantleave 20 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Top man! Hope it goes well and you can apply your speech counsel assignment and get lots of commendation from the school overseer.

What's the peer reviewed scientific evidence for oat based cosmetics being effective anti-aging solutions? ;-)

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Cant Leave, just out of curiosity, are you still in the bOrg or are you out?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well and truly out thoughtless. DF'd in 2011.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

Grats'! I am going to send you a PM.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well done Angus, and that is before you have made a fool of yourself, sorry, I mean delivered the lecture/speech.

I don't know how you feel about such things, but my view is that being a JW and spending decades in the TMS did not really help me a great deal as to Public Speaking skills.

Yes, I got over my fear of doing it, I did it so much ! and I learned to project my voice very well, we were a little country congregation, and the sound system ran on steam, and pure good luck, when it did sort of work.

It annoys me on here when some sing the praises of the TMS, I think it was basically crap, O.K, the idea was right, but people who cannot teach, and don't have the skills themselves they wish to teach, just do not get results. Most TMS overseers were near illiterate numbskulls.

My Public Speaking skills have, in the main, come from applying myself.

I always make sure I am the master of my subject, if you really know what you are talking about, you can be interesting, sometimes rivetting.

I always make sure I have something new to impart, people have made the effort to attend, (even if it is a Company Freebie), and they deserve to have that effort repaid. I also like to put as many funnies in as possible, some of these occur to me on the spur of the moment, and are not always in the best possible taste, but nobody has complained yet.

Good luck my friend ! may it go very very well for you !

• cofty
    cofty

Go Angus!

If you want a real challenge for "silky soft" skin, my face is available at a price :)

Good luck in Milan

• Brother Mike
    Brother Mike

Is this Milan Ill.?

• cofty
    cofty

Milan Italy

• His Excellency
    His Excellency

Angus do you have distributors in Nigeria?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit