My struggle in leaving WTBTS - What is yours- if you want to share?

by Junebuggie 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Junebuggie
    Junebuggie

Fair enough! It sounds like many of you are well educated, very intellectual...well I am a country girl, but I do have 2 years of college. So, let me start by saying, I should not have used the word "attack", that I thought you were saying to me on this forum. Let me clarify tho ... I am not an atheist, I am not agnostic, I am not Wiccan, I am not a believer in anything or anyone but God. I believe the Bible...but to many of you that could be considered as "propaganda" I think..

As a young child my parents took me to church. What I learned from my parents and church could be considered "brainwashing" or "propaganda". When I was old enough to make my own decisions and suffer the consequences for right or wrong decisions, there was never once that I questioned whether God existed. I may have believed from birth on that there was a God, because of what I was taught at home & at church...but, because of my free will to think , read, and do, I never gave thought to alternative belief...........until JW. ( LOL )

But because I was programmed from my parents / church to believe in God, it was an easy transition to become JW. When going thru my eventual

"self-deprogramming" ( by comparing WT indoctrination to the Bible ) the Bible prooved more true than the WT. Still this may be considered by some people to be self indoctrination . What ever we call it, I am free to search, think, do , hear , read, watch, participate in,,,, whatever I choose. That part of freedom from the WT is the best part for me. My finding or not finding Jesus , is not really what I should have said or conveyed to you .. He did find me, right at the right moment.

I am not wanting to cause division here, or be hateful or rude.. I just wanted to share my story coming out of the Watchtower and what has made me the happiest now. I hope you understand. As for your beliefs as i mentioned above. whether agnostic, wiccan, etc. ).. I am not as educated in those areas as many of you are, so it would be hard for me to argue (my intention is not to argue) any points with you, because i am limited as to what I know on those subjects. However, that doesn't mean I won't learn from what you say.

Thanks again..Junebuggie

• erck1026
    erck1026

Junebuggie,

I read your entire post and found it very thoughful and heartfelt. I am struggling with my fiance who is an unbaptized publisher, having wavered many times, completely uninvolved to now being involved full throttle. My problem is that he has now told me I must convert in order for us to marry, and never before has he told me this. Needless to say it has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for both of us, me saying I want nothing to do with the JW's and him saying lets stay together in hopes that it will change my heart. You mentioned in your post to have current JW's research unbiased information on the organization. My fiance says he would do this, but so far has not. He acused me of going to "radical apostate" websites, etc. How do I find what hewould consider unbiased information about the JW's? I am pretty sure he would not seek this information on his own, so I need to do all of the research and hope that he will read/listen, etc.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Eww.

Sorry, I find it creepy to preach on a forum full of people healing from religious abuse.

• clarity
    clarity

Well let's see ...Junebuggie has been here a week & erck1026 is

posting for the first time, a big welcome to both!

>

Junebug, I hear an apologetic tone, just for speaking your mind.

>

You have just as much right on here as anybody else, don't

worry about about it. This is not the KH!

>

Enjoy your journey here, best wishes to you & erck1026!

clarity

• Junebuggie
    Junebuggie

Thank you Clarity for your acceptance.

• losingit
    losingit

Yes! Welcome!

I feel like JWN is a hard place to be when you're a person that still has faith and believes in God.

• Junebuggie
    Junebuggie

Yes, Losingit, it kind of is a hard place to to be when still a believer in God...but, then the KH was a hard place to be in too, when I was researching..and hiding my real feelings. As Clarity said , I have as much right to be here as anyone else.

And I didn't find this forum, so that I could preach as Rebel8 thinks I am doing. I came here to find friends who went thru similar situations in JW, and so far I have found a couple friends who I hope to share with & help them in some way .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit