cantleave had a valid opinion. Is God like a pencil-pointless?

by KateWild 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Let's take a pause for a minute.

Please let me know unstopableravens what your evidence for Jehovah and Jesus are.
    Give it you best argument — your clincher.

I will respond with respect. But I will respond — because when I was in, I really thought I had all the answers for God.
    So please surprise us with an argument stopper.

• Simon
    Simon

God is more like an old biro that you find under the couch. No one can say where it originally came from, several people may even claim it as their own ... but it doesn't work anymore other than as a poor weapon to stab people with.

That's god.

• adamah
    adamah

USR:

Re-read my post, and ask yourself which of those reasons possibly MIGHT effect me just a little bit, as an atheist.

Just as ONE example: do you think believers who try to introduce creationism into the classroom might effect me, my family, and the community, having to "dummy down" science in the name of giving concessions to the religious?

The OTHER main reason I didn't mention is that I'm trying to help those who emerge from the JWs, since (and don't let this get around....) religious beliefs aren't based on reality, i.e. religion is simply an bad habit which humanity has never kicked. Believing in the supernatural is strongly associated with joining a religious cult like the JWs, so it's a risk factor.

Adam

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

adam, now you are unnecessarily complicating the definition of SYMBOL-

When you say the word 'God' out loud, the sound waves travel thru the air and enter the listener's ears, but that is NOT interacting with God: they're hearing you say the word, and that triggers a mental image of their concept of God to be constructed in their brain. But they're not having an interaction with God, for if they did, they wouldn't need something to represent God, since he would represent Himself! You are not a symbol for yourself: you ARE yourself.

after a symbol is looked at (using sense of sight), why does it matter wether you 'interact' with it or not?? i can look at a red octagon, think of 'stop' and completely keep going. the symbol still did its job, it conveyed an idea in my head. lol

So when you say, "God is love", you're now trying to link TWO imperceptible mental constructs together (emotions like 'love' are not directly perceptible, just their manifestations, which we may perceive in say, eg the facial expressions of others). But then you're claiming that the emotion is perceptible by labelling the imperceptible part (God) as a symbol FOR love?

actually, the BIBLE says God is Love (it's in there.)

is it only a coincidence that two 'imperceptible' constructs are one and the same?

by now the point should be clear, the symbol of God exists to help us comprehend complicated and profound truths. Love and wisdom may require a lot of words to thoroughly explain its meaning and definition (as you attempt to do above).

the SYMBOL of God is meant to conjure up all these words into a simple and succinct 'concept' in our minds and hearts, hence the Biblical phrase 'God is Love'. It really is as simple as that.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

brain cleaned(but also deluted with evolutionary lies) sorry i had to correct your name lol for me personally it is creation itself that proves god, the mathmatical accurate way the earth is designed. and our universe. the cycles water etc.. our bodys and lives . the conscience to me enough to know theres a creator. the change that he has done in my life( i dont really like using that with an athiest because there no way to test that out.) thats some of the proof.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

adam: my opinion of the school system is this: in class rooms there may be some kids of athiest, kids of christains, kids of muslims, kids of jws kids of rcc. etc... i dont think the school should teach any of theses as truth, if they had a class that taught what each group believes that may be differant. but the school should not imposes any thing on kids with evolution or religion. my opinion.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

as far as helping jws, i am here to help as well, the differance i want to help them come out of religion and come to a relationship with there creator .

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

"" actually, the BIBLE says God is Love (it's in there.)""

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

unstopableravens... maybe you should avoid calling others deluded when not only have you no proof of God, but you are affirming he is Love and praiseworthy.

So let me ask you.

If YOU were the creator of this world, would you have created a balanced and peaceful Animal Kingdom, where species would find the right nutrients in vegetation, and not kill each other for food?
    Would you have avoided the Wildlife bloodbath ironically called the "circle of life"?

If not, what would be your reason for life needing to kill other life to survive?

Please don't tell me that if it weren't for the 'circle of life' there would be an overflowing of animals like deer for example.
    I asking IF YOU WERE GOD — anything is possible for you, right?

You see, evolution explains why nature is cruel. It explains mosquitos, worms that eat eyeballs... survival. None of this is "created with love!"
    Also, evolution explains the many vestigial organs and bones no longer useful in many species. It also explaines genes that are "shut off" but still in our systems...

You say that your conscience tells you that God exists — mine says the contrary. So what is your agument to explain the horrors of life on earth (not to mention the many planets and stars that also die)?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

brian cleaned : when i said deluted i was just joking not calling names, sorry if it came across that way. as far as if i were god, thats impossible to even imagine, heres why. my God the God of the bible is eteranal and all knowing and sovergien so i dont know what its like to be him . i know that god has a reason for all he does. jehovah crushed his own son for us, do you understand what that really means? when i say he is love that is what his love is, he is also wrathful and his wrath has been shown in the bible as well. so how he has the animal kingdom is with his wisdom a wisdom i dont have. he creates i worship the creator.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit