New announcement at this weeks midweek meeting?

by rosyray 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The Quiet One:

"We've just received word that the new Bibles have an error in them (Numbers 32 heading), please form a pile of RNWT's outside the Hall for immediate incineration. We must complete this important work before November 5th, or else onlookers may be stumbled by what looks like a bonfire. There's nothing like a good old fashioned book burning.."

I thought you were making that up. But I checked anyway. Oh dear.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

rosyray, when you find out please let us what know what the announcement was. Thank you.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Like all announcements from the society it will be a non event.

smiddy

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Exactly, Jeffro. Good to drop a hint for the lurkers ;)

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/error-found-in-new-silver-sword-revised-new-world-translation

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

The Quiet One:

Exactly, Jeffro. Good to drop a hint for the lurkers ;)

What really strikes me as odd about that error is that I would think that a major publishing organisation would have a computerised system that automatically produces the text for the headers based on the actual content for that page. But apparently the text for those headings is produced manually for each page. How very tedious, and obviously prone to error.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

instructions how to use a chip and pin terminal?

• Laika
    Laika

If someone has typed it all out manually they've done well to only make one error, or maybe there's more?

Still funny though, in Numbers of all books!

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Are you joking, about them taking back the bibles? Seems more reasonable to give them all little stickers to go over that one little typo. A first edition will be a collectors item now!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Maybe the announcement is "No more weeknight meetings. We will fit all 5 meetings within 3 hours on Sundays so that everyone and every family can have another night to devote to personal study of the Bible".

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

btt - what was the announcement? I'm curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit