New announcement at this weeks midweek meeting?

by rosyray 33 Replies latest jw friends

• rosyray
    rosyray

The congregation I'm from is having their meeting tonight. My husband said that his brother in law, who is an elder, called and said that there were going to be some big announcements tonight and to bring a notepad, because you will want to take notes.

Does anybody know about this and what are the announcements??

• Comatose
    Comatose

It could just be a big deal for the LOCAL hall and not for JWs everywhere. Other than that I haven't heard.

Maybe they are stopping preaching, stopping the giving of talks, and allowing holidays.

• rosyray
    rosyray

Ha that would be wishful thinking. Will post back if it turns out to be anything interesting.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Thanks! I am curious.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"We've just received word that the new Bibles have an error in them (Numbers 32 heading), please form a pile of RNWT's outside the Hall for immediate incineration. We must complete this important work before November 5th, or else onlookers may be stumbled by what looks like a bonfire. There's nothing like a good old fashioned book burning.."

• Comatose
    Comatose

Hey I haven't forgotten you are working up the nerve to tell us some of your story when you are ready. No pressure. But, again it's nice to have you posting.

• paladin
    paladin

I wish the congregation would announce all Co's will be eliminated. We will be having only one day CA's and two day DA's. lol

• USofWhatever
    USofWhatever

probably to do with the international assemblies - a whole lot of nothing as usual

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Well, there was an announcement that the governing body has approved the use of tablets when giving talks.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

And something about a change to the pioneer school.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit