John Lennon: Imagine.....

by confusedandalone 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

He also said "God is a concept by which we measure our pain"

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

John Lennon was saying if we want to live in peace and unity that to get shed our divisive divisions like religion and politics.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

There is this fun thing to think about; it's when we think of heaven as being "above" — there is no above in space. Even the earth.
    You can get an Australian map that will show the earth 'upside down' — althought there is no reason to think it is not our standard earth that is upside down!
    LOL! Funny fact.

When you think about it, there is no heaven, only space...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Both John and Paul sang in Anglican choirs as boys. George may have done so, too. Imagine never struck me as being antireligious. It is full of hope and spirituality--not just of the established sort. The hilarious party is the video he released sitting at his immense white piano in his immense mansion. Yoko opens the exquisite drapery panels one by one as John proclaims, "Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can," The nigth after the airing most of the Beatles fans in the NY area were convulsed with laughter.

He sometimes changed the lyrics in later performances.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

At a recent village hall do a bunch of the kiddies sang Imagine. They changed the words where you have imagine no heaven, hell and religion. I think they missed the point of the original song.

• extractor
    extractor

The world described in that song always sounded absolutely awful to me. Why didn't he say, "Imagine there's no music."... Because then he wouldn't be filthy rich.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Thanks for that quote dropoffyourkeylee, that is funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit