John Lennon: Imagine.....

by confusedandalone 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

there's no heaven...... it's easy if you try...

I am not a huge fan of the beatles, not a fan of John Lennon really either. However, this song is one that I think most people tend to like for its airy feel and sentiment. The funniest thing to me is how the opening 9 words of this song really really really make one think about belief.

Honestly for one second trying to imagine there is no heaven, it IS easy if you try. After all none of us have seen it or been ther or know of anyone who has been there and returned to tell us about it. We do however have alot of STORIES that tell us what it might be like and who may or may not be there.

The really difficult thing is imagining there is a heaven. After all what would it look like? Who is there? What color is the grass? Is there grass? Is there light? Is it dark? hmmmm takes an amazing imagination to think what heaven would be like........

Just sayin'

Thanks John

• clarity
    clarity

Hi ...that song is amazing ...the funny thing is ... I didn't actually HEAR

what Lennon was singing about till I woke up!!!

clarity

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

"I didn't actually HEAR what Lennon was singing about till I woke up!!!" Exactly, i was like damn - this guy gets it.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Same here, I did not really hear and pay attention to what John was saying. After I woke up this song and many other things started to fall into place. Heaven is just something that not even the bible agrees as to what it should look like, every person that describes heaven in the bible simply talks about different things and they sure don't describe a place that sounds or looks pleasant...

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

suavojr, I agree. I cant speak for you but I dont really think its great to sit in some dudes bosom for eternity...

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

I just can't image there is no heaven. There are so many realms, and dimensions in the universe.

Red rose

Shana

http://search.aol.com/aol/image?q=hubble+images+of+universe&v_t=keyword_rollover

• suavojr
    suavojr

Shanagirl

Those are nice pics but they are still physical... Just because it is far away does not mean that I have to believe in something... here is the kicker- WE CAN'T SEEeeeeeee

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, the tradeoff is there's no hell either (probably more of a selling point for Catholics).

Neither should be confused with space though which is awesome and majestic.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The following quotation is from a 1953 Watchtower. I posted it a while back and the consensus was that it was not the real Lennon, but still I think it's hilarious.

Ten-year-old John Lennon was called to the witness stand [in Middlesbrough, England] to give evidence in an auto case. When the boy placed his hand on the Bible to take an oath that he would testify only the truth, the judge asked him if he knew what book he was swearing on. “No,” John answered. “Have you ever heard of the Bible?” “No.” “Have you ever heard of God?” “No.” The judge heard the evidence without the oath.—U. P. report in Chicago Sun-Times, May 23.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl
    WE CAN'T SEEeeeeeee

Duh, I know we can't see. But we know it's there. We can't see other dimensions but we know they exist. I liked John Lennon's music and he was a deep thinker and I know he was very spiritual in many ways even though he knew religion was a racket. Shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit