Can one find God without studying the Bible?

by Dis-Member 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

No. For instance, the native americans generally believed in a creator god. Their creator god is totally different than the bible creator god. The only commonality is a god concept.

S

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

The answer the Bible tells me is yes. :)

Please remember, in the first century there was no "Bible." There was the Tanakh which contained Nevi'im, Ketuvim and the Torah (aka "the Law and the Prophets" and the Writings to be fair).

Gentiles didn't have possession of the Tanakh so no, they weren't aware of Mosaic Law and all of the rules and customs. "The Law and the Prophets" were Jewish - not Gentile. Paul consistently argued against binding "the Law" onto the conscience of Christian Gentiles.

Stop allowing this man-made organization to choose random rules convenient for their means to your end. Use your conscience as your guide. You know right from wrong.

Romans 2

12For all who have sinned without the law will also perish without the law, and all who have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. 13For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 14For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them 16on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

This scripture follows what was promised

Jeremiah 31

31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. 33For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

I'm assuming you're a Gentile and not a Messianic Jew. Relax... Just do what's right. Your heart is known. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit