Can one find God without studying the Bible?

by Dis-Member 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• extractor
    extractor

I found God & became a Christian without reading the Bible, going to church, or being taught by anyone so, in my case, the answer is "yes".

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Extractor: Do you mind if I ask how you did that please?

• tec
    tec

The OP asked, Can one find God without studying the Bible?

The answer is yes, of course. Through Christ... or rather by being found first by Christ.

I never read the bible until about 7 years ago, when I started reading it with the jws for my bible study. I heard about 'Jesus' before that, and I believed in Him, and God. God always, and I learned about Christ... just learning that because of Him, that He died for us (even without having fully understood what that meant) was enough to make me curious about Him, and wonder about someone who could love me so much. I learned more about Him reading about Him in the bible (the witness accounts to Him)... and then I came to KNOW Him, by actually going TO Him, and listening in spirit to the Spirit that He is.

And of course, the first who believed in Him had no bible to draw upon. They had oral witness accounts. If there was no bible, people would still believe for that reason, and because He does speak... and though it might be even more rare, some would hear and put their faith in Him. Then THEY would speak and give witness to Him, to others, who could then put their faith in Him, etc, etc.

Many are too reliant on the bible... and never leave it.. and go to the One 'it' speaks of.

But yes, to the OP question.

He is alive and He does speak, bible or no bible.

May you and anyone with ears hear as the Spirit (who is Christ) and the Bride say to you, "Come... take the free gift of the water of life!"

Peace and love to you, as Christ gives them,

tammy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am not sure Christ is looking for me Tammy, but just in case he is looking, could you tell him, I have a landline 'phone, a cell phone, several e-mail addresses, I have lived in the same house for over forty years, oh, and I got on my knees and prayed to him several times, with tears and supplications ?

Or perhaps, as he is obviously having difficulty with modern technology,,have you got his contact details ?

• tec
    tec

You are also a spirit... on the inside... as Christ is THE Spirit. He speaks as the Spirit... to the spirit that you also are. You don't need a landline, cell phone, e-mail address, house address... you just need to learn to listen with the spirit that you are. Not easy, with all that man teaches about the impossibility of such, including teachings of religion. But you can ask HIM for ears to hear, and putting your faith in His promise:

"If anyone loves me, they will obey my commands. My father will love them, and we will come and make our home with them."

I know that is a quote from the bible... but it might help some to SEE... which is why it can be used as a witness to Christ. Besides, He said it before it was written, and still says it long after it was written.

Sometimes we do not or cannot hear Him because we set conditions and place limitations on how He can speak... and also WHAT He can speak.

I am sure Christ knows what you have done... I am not sure that you know what He is doing, and has done.

However, may you also hear as the Spirit and teh Bride say to you, "Come... take the free gift of the water of life."

Because the call is to you also; to anyone who wishes and anyone who thirsts.

Peace and love to you, Phizzy,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

You are also a spirit... on the inside...

Inside where exactly? Is it still in the bone marrow or have you had new light?

• designs
    designs

Just ask the Dolly Lama.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" Sometimes we do not or cannot hear Him because we set conditions and place limitations on how He can speak... and also WHAT He can speak."

WTF

• justmom
    justmom

OP? " Can one find God without studying the bible"?

yes, of course.

If one was blind, deaf, mute, never educated, but his heart and spirit cries out to Jah in faith, that is all he is looking for.

Not that he relies on what is written by man and tampered with anyways.

There are many faithful ones that lived long before CHRIST that never had a bible and communicated with God by means of Holy Spirit.

That is all that WAS and is STILL needed.

But for those that do have what is written, ( and can read lol) John 5:39-41 CHRIST tells us " you keep searching the scriptures because you think by means of them that you will have life and....they are what bears witness about ME and you do not COME to ME in order to have life".

So it is not in what is written but in the one that is written about and the one Jah has sent forth, THE SON!!!

He is the ONLY " way, truth, and life ".

love to you all

justmom

• LV101
    LV101

"Turns out god is the ultimate sockpuppet," means what from the individual's thinking - anyone? I'm missing something the MRI revealed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit