Confusedandalone is in need of a name change

by confusedandalone 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Hey everyone, I want to apologize for not rtesponding to a number of messages I recieved over the last month or so. I took a break as suggested by someone else to try and sort things out and clear my head. My wife has been reading alot on here and kept me updated on all the fun that has been going on!

Anyway, it has been over a full month since I posted and life has been nutty yet so so so rewarding. I still have not been disfellowshipped and my letter of disassociation has still not been accepted be cause I did not sign it... of course I could just go ahead and sign it and end all of this - but me bowing to another command of theirs would be me giving back control to this group and I refuse to do so. My family however (Mother / Father / Brother) have become a pain in my ass in that everyday they call me or email me trying to literally trap me into admitting that I wrote this letter. They are going on facebook and trying to find ways to incriminate me as well. Ultimately they are doing all they can to make sure I am disfellowwshipped. Why you ask... because their asses aare on the line.

See, my holy righteous brother jumped the gun and told people I was an apostate, my mother and father in an attempt to garner sympathy for themselves did the same. Here we are months later and no annoucement has been made and people are asking them what happened and they are looking like idiots.

The brothers in my congregation have not called once or stopped by or sent em a text message, yet they lie to my father and tell him I refuse to contact them or return their calls. Ultimately I think they are afraid to face me. The only correspondence I ave recieved was a photocopy of the letter I sent with a sticky in it that says please sign here (I SHIT YOU NOT). I have seen 3 of them individually at grocery stores, ACE hardware and Applebees parking lot and they act as if nothing has ever happened and they will see me at the meeting sunday. Ridiculous

Ultimately I am out of this sham and I am glad. I ahve benefitted greatly from a number of posters here but for anyone in my situation or similar who could care less about a fade and just wants to move on just do it and dont look back. Deal with the consequences if you can and start living for you and your kids. In this period I contacted a grrrrrrrrrrrreat pooster here MYTHREESONS. He had looks of good advice and honestly seeing him and his family move forward and just live like normal people has helped my family enormously! We had our dauughters first Birthday bash and it was intense and fun and no one asked me to cutoff anyones head!

Also, I have taken my bible and chucked it in the refuse bin... I spent a couple weeks reading the bible without the rose colored glasses of a needy confused child and came to the obvious realization that if there is a GOD he has nothing to do with this book or he is a masochist and an ego-maniac.

Of course, by the time I got into the 5 chapter of Genesis I was already convinced of myu findings but I pressed on. Then I got to Dueteronomy 21 and read over and over the command to hit your kids in the heads with rocks and kill them. As a parent there is no way that I could even think of that. WHy would god? What is wrong with these people. It just seems the only reason tto believe the bible is because it lets you join the masses who want to follow a fairy tale that promises their lives will be better. We all have challenges and have to settle with our lot in lives. We can improve them to a degree but ultimately we all know we will die. We don't like that idea so we believe a fairy tale that promises that although now is bad later will be great!!! Just follow arbitrary rules and you will get a divine reward beyond your wildest dreams. I dont want to offend anyone so I guess I will stop my rant now.

Lastly Simon I do not feel that my screen name fits any longger and I would like to change it. Is that possible or am i SOOL?

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

HI ConfusedandAlone... it is very nice to hear from you :) ... although you are in a much shittier position then I am I also have been through the process of rereading the bible without the rose glasses and just throwing it in the bin figurely since it does not prove God any good.

It is not that I do not believe in a diety... I just do not believe in the bible or any book. So I may conscider myself a Deist I guess.

It is also nice to read that you are not wanna play the game by their rules and I hope you will stick to that plan.

About your family... I truly do not understand how ANY family would act like that but since we have been JW it is clear that these things do happen too often. I hope that some day their eyes will open up and they will see what kind of shitheads they have been in the past.

Take care and if you feel the need to chat or something PM me :)

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Thank you for the update. Your story has been followed by so many :)

I am glad you are still doing just fine , but sad you are having to deal with all that frustration from your family, etc.

What screename will you want to change to? Just curious...

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

DW I am not sure if I believe in a Diety or not, ultimately I do not even think it matters much if there is one. He obviously has not outlined anything he specifically wants anyone to do so if there is one - he probably got the ball rolling and left. I just cant see how it is necessary to even care. If someone wants you to do something they make that perfectly clear... that hasn't been done so it makes me realize it probably isn't even important.

Just two days ago I got 4 voice messages from my father and brother trying to entrap me into saying on speakerphone that I wrote the letter so they can have two witnesses. I have all these crazy text messages as well. I am thinking of posting them once I can alter the voices so people can hear how maniacal they are...

My father summed up the insanity they have perfeectly, he says to me, "I don't care about what you want to do or think but I will not allow your thoughts cause me to miss out on paradise" then he pounds the table. The deal is the lives of many religious zealots are ssubpar and they see no way to really achieve or be the best they can be. SO they hold on to this dream of a future paradise in earth or heaven wher they are a somebody - instead of just enjoying what they have or can be now. It is freaking ridiculous, yet I fully understand why they are that way.

nonjwspouse I want to change my name to "cantrelate" LOL.

My goal is to get to the point in life when it feels like I was never some confused bible thumping lunatic. I want to see JW's and think wow that is nuts and keep on moving. I dont want to talk to them I dont want to challenge them just see them and move. When people discuss religion I will have no desire to even engage in the useless bantor. I just can't relate to what they are doing or thinking...

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Start a new account with a different email addy and stop using this one.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Last time I did that it was kind of frowned upon. If it is that easy then I shall I just dont want to get in trouble so to speak for doing that

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

I was wondering if maybe your brother is jealous of you.

After all he tried to do everything "right"- following all the rules for a good JW.

And look at you--- you followed your own path... you have a great wife, a successful business and you thumbed your nose at all of the JW rules.

Did anything happen to you? Did lighting strike you? You didn't even get kicked out. And you didn't have the decency to be miserable. Where is the justice?. Does that mean everything he has done is worthless? whats the point of sacerficing and devoting your life to the org. If anyone can walk away willy nilly? Who knows what his secret dreams were?

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Miss.Fit - Me and a few other ex-jw's thought the exact same thing and we were talking about this being the reason miost JW's have to convince themselves you are miserable when you leave the borg and that no matter what you say you are lying.

I look at my brother who at 18 pioneered... 19 became a commuter bethelite... at 21 during a Circuit assembly part on our family (that me and my sister were not fit to be a part of) his acceptance letter to Bethel was read out... at 26 he applies to get married at Bethel they say no and he leaves... at 27 he becomes a special pioneer in a foreign country... he is made both the PO and the SO of a sign language congregation in the foreign territory... at 32 his wife gets preggo and they leave and come home and live mwith my parents. He becomes the PO in the states at 34 and is on every single CO and DO. He then joins the RBC and he is on the Hospital Liason...

No doubt that resume makes him a friggin superstar. However they are still living with parents or in reduced rent apartments owned by the brothers. He is an extremely smart guy but his prominence comes from the borg.

Here I am I pioneer at 18 for 9 months and I dont make my time and I get accepted to bethel anyway. I stay there a couple years and realize it sucks and I want to leave. I come back home and get put on reproof and while on reproof I attend school and then get a good JOB and get married to a woman who is far smarter and more business savy then I am. She builds up a nice business for us and we have fun. I get appointed an elder but nothing special but people like me. He hates that.

Now I leave and I give the org he loves soo much the literal finger - so he figures I must pay some type of price. Hate will be his undoing. His text messages to me are so evil it is amazing

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

This part sounds like my story. My have much reason to believe my father has tried to get me DF'd last year, but no one from the congreation showed up.

" The brothers in my congregation have not called once or stopped by or sent em a text message, yet they lie to my father and tell him I refuse to contact them or return their calls."

I have also found it better to walk away. You could say I faded, but I have been honest with my family. Only my father took the attitude yours has.

To my knowldege I havenot been disfellowshipped, but I put up holiday decorations, got one letter, ignored it, (not registered letter)

I don't have time any longer to care about what they think, I have a son to take care of first.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

@maninthemiddle - " I don't have time any longer to care about what they think, I have a son to take care of first."

Exactly, I have a wife and two kids and the best part of their lives is now. I can't sit around worrying about what these asshats want to do and what their ancient scrolls say... I will end up 40+ years old realizing I wasted alot of time fighting a battle that is totally unnecessary. My daughter of 9 years of age months ago said she doesn't understand why the bible wants us to be sad and bored. a 9 year old has the sense to see we are wastig valuable years on something so so useless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit