Watchtower Eliminated the "Evil Slave Class" according to E-Watchman? True or False?

by AuntConnie 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tornapart
    tornapart

Basically I see it as the GB deciding to call themsleves the FDS. Rejecting all other anointed brothers and sisters to this highly elevated position. They then go on to say 'yes, hypothetically there is an evil slave class... however, we are so amazing at doing our job of feeding the 'domestics'... you lowly lot beneath us (including fellow anointed), that Jesus could never ever possibly find us being 'the evil slave'.

Aunt Connie. Have you read 'anointedjw.org'? They have an interesting take on things.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The GB simply say the evil slave class doesn't exist due to the word "if"...its a hypothetical slave class....

Interesting arguement considering it says "Ifthe master arrives"...

Um, first of all, no it doesn't. Second of all, you have to read the whole sentence. "Happy is that slave if the master on arriving finds him doing so." The "if" refers to whether the master finds him doing what he assigned him to do. In fact, it further proves that the "evil slave" in the following verse is the same as the faithful slave. "If" the slave is faithful, "if" he is evil -- Jesus is covering both possibilities in how the slave will respond to his assignment.

• Dark Lord of the Evil Slave Class
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The important thing to note is that the WT cites no source for it's hypothetical "evil-slave" teaching. Also, it's a parable, not a prophecy. Even if it was a parablophecy " a parable with prophetic signifigance ", they are assuming that are a shoe-in for the position. So much for working out your salvation with fear and trembling.. Then they contradict themselves by saying that the " Slave " is a singular expression and refers to a collective. They are utterly retarded. If anyone can explain how Jesus clear illustration that he used has a single " Slave " that is a collective, or why you can have a collective including the GB from Rutherford foreward, but not the rest of the partaker's, please let me know. I will give you a gold star and 1 extra day of everlasting life.

From Webster's Dictionary:

Related to COLLECTIVE

Synonyms
    collaborative, combined, common, communal, concerted,conjoint, conjunct, cooperative, joint, multiple, mutual,pooled, public, shared, united
    Antonyms
    exclusive, individual, one-man, one-sided, one-way, single,sole, solitary, unilateral
    DD
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

hey Dark Lord... you don't exist anymore!

actually nice to see you back, a member of 6 years and only 10 posts? whats your story?

• Dark Lord of the Evil Slave Class
    Dark Lord of the Evil Slave Class

@wallsofjericho-

I saw the thread title and had to comment on it because - due to my name - I thought it would be funny. ;)

My story? I don't want to hijack the thread, but let's see... I've lurked here for probably 10+ years. Raised a Witness, didn't get baptized until I was an adult (left and got married / had children... I guess I felt I needed "religion").

Wife and I got baptized together. Always kind of had some doubts, and as the years wore on and I saw just how provisional JW's friendships are with you (if you're not making the hours and "reaching out", you're not good enough), saw how my kids were suffering for it (crying they didn't have friends, and no JW parents were making an effort to have their kids with ours, meanwhile they weren't hanging out with "worldly" kids), the hypocricy and BS...

Ultimately, wife and I have Faded. Been 3+ years, and this forum has really helped me with struggling with the guilt, the fear of Armageddon, and seeing through the BS the WT puts out to keep the rank-and-file in line. My mom is very zealous and in, she tries to guilt me into coming back but I'm not having any of it. I spent enough of my life being afraid to die at Armageddon and now I'm like "Hey, if it happens it happens...". I've been working on reconstructing my spiritual relationship, reading a different translation of the Bible front-to-back (it is taking a while lol), and re-thinking a lot of what I took for gospel growing up. My kids are happier now, having a more normal social life, and though I struggle at times, I'd never go back.

The saddest thing is that I'm waiting for my mom to pass away to disassociate myself. That emotional blackmail the Society holds over you and your family with shunning is ridiculous and sad. But it's the last vestiage of "power" held over me... but one way or the other, it won't last forever.

• SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe

To answer the original question that I did not see anyone else post, E-watchman's name is Robert King. He posted here years ago under the name "You Know". He always supported Jehovah's Witnesses and claimed to be one of the annointed while having issues related to the organization and Governing Body. He claimed he was not an apostate and looked down on those of us that are. Unfortunately even for him, the organization drove him to the point of getting himself disfellowshipped. When the UN scandal broke out he mailed many kingdom halls and elders about it and then wrote his own publication related to the scriptures which ultimately got him the axe. Ironically he still believes Jehovah's Witnesses are Jehovah's people and most of their biblical teachings. As time goes on he has grown much more critical of the organization and is really no different than other apostates here. I think he wrote an artical about the FDS in 2005 which was similar to the understanding the organization just changed to.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When you start with the premise that the WTBT$ is God's chosen corporation, you have to make all kinds of leaps in logic and justifications. I am not saying that God can't use whatever or whomever he wants, I just don't buy into the exclusive claim. I don't think that E-Watchman is the only one out there who feels that God chose that WTBTS, and that it just needs reform. There are good people in the WTBTS. Can it be reformed? I don't know.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit